Help identify this Vintage Rupp Go-cart

Hello,
Go carts folks,
I’m posting this for a friend that has a vintage Rupp go-cart he needs help identifying and maybe a year range of make.
Thanks so much for your time in this matter.
Kelly

Attachments

Hello,
Go carts folks,
I’m posting this for a friend that has a vintage Rupp go-cart he needs help identifying and maybe a year range of make.
Thanks so much for your time in this matter.
Kelly
Looks like a 61 thru 63 Dart A bone with extended bird cage added to me . They used those pedals and those brakes. Mark

The 59 and 60 Rupp Darts used those pedals. Those are Rupp wheels. But the steering hoop appears to be looped back up into the side seat support, and that is not Rupp. Obviously, a lot of parts have been added to this kart, from front porch to rebar dog fence in the back. It looks to me like a home made frame that sports some Rupp or Rob Ron parts.

I know the question comes down to value, and in this case, I'd price the wheels to determine that. This would make a nice kart for a kid to tear around the neighborhood on. A second opinion can be had by the vintage kart fans on two different vintage kart Face Book sites. Also, @louie figone is on here sometimes, and knows a lot about these.

Looks like a 61 thru 63 Dart A bone with extended bird cage added to me . They used those pedals and those brakes. Mark
Looking closer at the frame sides it looks like Dave is right. Lots of Rupp parts but most likely not Rupp frame. Also, The square seat support is wrong for a Rupp Kart? I'm no expert that's for sure. Check at a Vintage kart site. Mark

The 59 and 60 Rupp Darts used those pedals. Those are Rupp wheels. But the steering hoop appears to be looped back up into the side seat support, and that is not Rupp. Obviously, a lot of parts have been added to this kart, from front porch to rebar dog fence in the back. It looks to me like a home made frame that sports some Rupp or Rob Ron parts.

I know the question comes down to value, and in this case, I'd price the wheels to determine that. This would make a nice kart for a kid to tear around the neighborhood on. A second opinion can be had by the vintage kart fans on two different vintage kart Face Book sites. Also, @louie figone is on here sometimes, and knows a lot about these.

Rupp D301, built early 70's. They were built as a fun (yard) kart, some were converted into race karts. All the Rupp fun karts used the same cast pedals. The turbine wheels and Rupp steering wheel are worth good money. I would restore the kart, put a two stroke on it, attend some vintage events, have fun with it.

Rupp D301, built early 70's. They were built as a fun (yard) kart, some were converted into race karts. All the Rupp fun karts used the same cast pedals. The turbine wheels and Rupp steering wheel are worth good money. I would restore the kart, put a two stroke on it, attend some vintage events, have fun with it.
Thanks Louie. Over on R.E.A.R. there was a discussion on it, and someone claims to have seen an add for it in a late 70's Weisco catalog.

http://rearenginekarts.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?t=358

Thanks Louie. Over on R.E.A.R. there was a discussion on it, and someone claims to have seen an add for it in a late 70's Weisco catalog.

http://rearenginekarts.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?t=358
Dave, I am not sure about late 70's, Rupp went into bankruptcy early 70's, I am not sure the exact year, '72 is one year I have heard, Robert Stanton (RobRon) bought most all the dies and parts inventory, he then built the super dart and the reproduction A-bone and Chaparral, he is a good source for parts for the Rupp karts. Robert may have built the D301, a call to him would confirm this.

Dave, I am not sure about late 70's, Rupp went into bankruptcy early 70's, I am not sure the exact year, '72 is one year I have heard, Robert Stanton (RobRon) bought most all the dies and parts inventory, he then built the super dart and the reproduction A-bone and Chaparral, he is a good source for parts for the Rupp karts. Robert may have built the D301, a call to him would confirm this.
Indeed. I have spoken to Rob on the Rupp trailers he acquired. (And bought some parts off of him) Thanks for chiming in with your knowledge Louie.