Help Identifying Childhood Mini Bike.

I grew up in the Ohio area in the 70-80's as a kid. I had a used bike with NO motor but the space for it. It was all black, had possibly front shock, I know it had rear shocks, I remember they looked very heavy duty. The bike was super heavy. I swear it had pedals too. It had the motorcycle style big seat, similar to a Rupp Black Widow or an MTD?

mustangfrank

I grew up in the Ohio area in the 70-80's as a kid. I had a used bike with NO motor but the space for it. It was all black, had possibly front shock, I know it had rear shocks, I remember they looked very heavy duty. The bike was super heavy. I swear it had pedals too. It had the motorcycle style big seat, similar to a Rupp Black Widow or an MTD?
Pedals throw a curve into an already vague search, good luck, you grew up in the middle/end of the heyday for 100s of manufacturers. Wouldn't surprise me if it was an MTD or a Rupp, seems like every Ohio boy had one of your state's homegrown makes.

Huffy made a bicycle/minibike looking contraption back in the 70s, Google Images is your friend in your search.

I believe it was a Rampar. I had one And it weighed a ton. Made it hard to do wheelies but would handle jumps like a dream. Hard to pedal too….
1623377552311.jpeg

joshua. c.

setting up a rupp with pedals and a chain instead of a motor would be a riot at mini bike meats people would be rolling with laughter and it would be street legal now being a bicycle.

If it seemed like a mini bike but had pedals, maybe it was some sort of MX moped?.
I'm pretty sure I had a Rupp that was stripped out, no motor, no gas tank, had rear shocks, the pedal thing, I don't think it had them I guess, it was super heavy and my only memory of the bike was going down a street downhill and the front wheel came off, forks into the asphalt and pain lol. After that I don't recall whatever happened to it!