Help Identifying Terra Mini Bike

Thanks for the info guys. This now creates more dilema's. Try to find a tec 4horse motor or put it on a back burner for a while and put a Hodaka motor on it later when I get more time. The angel on one shoulder says 4 horse the devil on the other shoulder says Hodaka.
Well, Depends on which model you have. The frame on the Model 555 with the Hodaka engine is longer than the frame on the model 444 with the Tecumseh engine. Also the engine plate is flat on the Model 555 where the engine plate is slanted on the Model 444.

Last edited:

toomanytoys

The HS40 shouldn't be hard to find. There is one on ebay right now going at 101.00

I've ran across a few NOS HS40s Small engine warehouse only has 3 10HP and a 5.5 OHV tecumseh.

I'd go HS50. It wouldn't be 100% correct for the bike, but it would look just about identical. The thing with HS40s is they were factory on a lot of rupps. And there for people think they have a gold bar when they have a 3/4" shaft HS40

Tecumseh 5HP Snowblower HS50 Engine with Electric Start Off Ariens Snowblower | eBay

Snow blower engine, but remove the 110 starter and the snow blower throttle setup and you would have a sweet little engine.

Vintage HS50 Tecumseh Mini Bike Engine | eBay

Another nice HS50, needs a carb(as all old tecumsehs seem to need) and a gas tank which is an easy find.

I just picked up a tm-1100 on sunday. Roller. If the wife wins... I may be interested in your bike. I like haveing 2 of everything for some reason... :shrug:

Or team up on info... Id like to put it back OE.

Well, never got around to the rebuild with my son. He chose to join the military instead on spending another winter in Maine.

I still have the Terra 1100 and now will be getting rid of it.

Besides, I have a another old (unknown) mini bike, and a 1978 Suzuki JR 50 to rebuild.

Change of plans

Well, as time went by I decided to hang on to the 1100 and restore it for a driver. Would be cool to drive it to work, which is only a mile away with speed limit of 35mph. Now I just need to find a cover for the torque converter, headlight glass, and a taillight lens.

I actually just posted a question about the Terra Company today and am also trying to find out more info.....my father bought me one in the late 60's and to save a little money he bought the one that came as a kit and I spent the day putting it together.....it was blue and came with a 3 1/2 hp Tecumseh. It did not have a headlight. We lived in Bowling Green, Ohio at that time. I just wanted to touch base with you and will let you know if if I find out any other info in the future.

I'm trying to determine what year and model terra I have, it appears to be the same as a pony 222. The handle bars are unique, I have only found 2 others with the same bars.

Attachments

I have heard of or seen the following Terra models before.

Terra Cat
Terra Floater
Terra Torque

And of course my Terra Tandem

Definately a rare find .
I talked with a member on here who grew up in Crawfordsville Indiana where Terra Products was based out of. And he told me about the owner Jack Canine a Shriner who built Dune buggies and mini bikes for the Shriners and some for the general public. Then he turned to Agricultural products and later changed the company to Banjo Corp. He now lives in Florida , and he also owns a Banjo museum in Ok. I have called him and left a message for him, but he is a very busy man. He still owns the company and the museum and is in a traviling Banjo band:eek: He is in his 70's now. Good luck with your project :thumbsup:

https://americanbanjomuseum.com/2020/09/30/8557/
I have heard of or seen the following Terra models before.

Terra Cat
Terra Floater
Terra Torque

And of course my Terra Tandem

Definately a rare find .
I talked with a member on here who grew up in Crawfordsville Indiana where Terra Products was based out of. And he told me about the owner Jack Canine a Shriner who built Dune buggies and mini bikes for the Shriners and some for the general public. Then he turned to Agricultural products and later changed the company to Banjo Corp. He now lives in Florida , and he also owns a Banjo museum in Ok. I have called him and left a message for him, but he is a very busy man. He still owns the company and the museum and is in a traviling Banjo band:eek: He is in his 70's now. Good luck with your project :thumbsup:

leatherman666 was the gentleman's name Jack Canine? https://americanbanjomuseum.com/2020/09/30/8557/