HELP! Minibike Predator 224 Revs high wanting to take off on start and dies off choke...??

Once warm then you adjust running or not. did you check the slide open height? did you set fuel mix adjuster? Once warm it should try to start. you can raise slide more but it may rev high and turn out mix adj. What values are your pilot jet and main jet?
I checked the slide open height before but I don't have a number atleast not rn. I've tried to set the feul mixture I've watched some videos on obviously how to tune this same carb and adjusted as "needed" but to no effect of my problem. I haven't checked my pilot jet size so most likely default vm22 stock size. And the main jet is 120.
-Also clarification on what my problem is at this moment, is when I start the engine on my bike the back wheel spins obviously at which of a high rpm so basically it doesn't idle properly.
-Also the engine stalls when the choke/enrichment is off. Even when I let the engine heat up for good amounts of time.

My vm22 bikes do the same when the enrichner is on.. I only put it on halfway so the tc does not engage on me. Do you understand how the enrichner works? It has its own fixed jet and air bleed so when the plunger is raised extra fuel and air are routed thru the hole behind the slide

My vm22 bikes do the same when the enrichner is on.. I only put it on halfway so the tc does not engage on me. Do you understand how the enrichner works? It has its own fixed jet and air bleed so when the plunger is raised extra fuel and air are routed thru the hole behind the slide
Yes but that is the problem I can not turn down the enrichment or else the engine stalls. Thats what I'm trying to solve because once it is closed the rpm with go down and therefore not engage the clutch making the back wheel spin. My point is that I would if I could.

I just took off a modded clone off this kart. It started easy on the enrichner and you had to have someone holding the brakes or it would take off due to the high idle. after warmup for about 40 seconds I turn off the enrichner and it idles at a nice low idle. Here are pics of the slide opening on a properly adjusted carb. Also I took pics of the big hole that feeds the engine with air and fuel with the enrichner on., I have pics of it open, halfway and closed. You can open it only halfway and it should still start fine and not increase the revs too much.

Attachments

So that sounds correct if there was something off with your idle setup as the fuel enrichment circuit can run the engine by itself even if you have the idle setup all screwed up. . That lets you forget about any of the following: Main jet, needle height or slide cutaway which you cant do anything about anyway. So what is left? Answer: the pilot jet, the idle mixture adjustment, slide height and float height. Lets see a picture of the slide opening from the engine side. Also did you ever take apart this carb?
Ole

Last edited:
So that sounds correct if there was something off with your idle setup as the fuel enrichment circuit can run the engine by itself even if you have the idle setup all screwed up. . That lets you forget about any of the following: Main jet, needle height or slide cutaway which you cant do anything about anyway. So what is left? Answer: the pilot jet, the idle mixture adjustment, slide height and float height. Lets see a picture of the slide opening from the engine side. Also did you ever take apart this carb?
Ole
First is with enrichment on, second is with enrichment off, and third is from other side of carb.
And yes I have taken apart the Carb before.
Also I these photos the idle screw is screwed out a good amount

Attachments

The first picture is with the enrichner off ( brass plunger is down) second is enrichner on (plunger up allowing extra fuel and air in). Third picture is your problem. The slide is too high bypassing the idle system. Compare it to my picture of a properly adjusted slide height.

Additionally I should say the float height is leveled and not off.
Also that the needle is set on slot one that is what it came on so I'm assuming someone had it... I didn't change it.

The first picture is with the enrichner off ( brass plunger is down) second is enrichner on (plunger up allowing extra fuel and air in). Third picture is your problem. The slide is too high bypassing the idle system. Compare it to my picture of a properly adjusted slide height.
I couldn't seem to get it any lower on the intake side how could I get it to that proper height. Because the third is a picture from the intake side away from engine.

Sorry I thought it was the back of the slide. Your slide is all the way down. Turn the slide height adjuster till it looks like mine. Also your two pics of the enrichner seem to be backwards. Adjust slide height and try setting air mix screw 1.5 turns out to start.

Looking at both carbs the one that runs has a gap at the bottom allowing air to pass through and yours is shut
Try what Dave said raise your idle up looks like thats why It dies when enrichener is off mine I had to give it some throttle to turn the idle screw up but that was 20 years ago I sold my blaster
Also isn't the height on the needle for wide open kind of a fine tune on main jet
I hate carbs but hate all the wires it takes to run fuel injection more

Sorry I thought it was the back of the slide. Your slide is all the way down. Turn the slide height adjuster till it looks like mine. Also your two pics of the enrichner seem to be backwards. Adjust slide height and try setting air mix screw 1.5 turns out to start.
How much turns out about is the idle screw. So I can get an estimate. I eye balled it to the right height but want to confirm atleast