HELP! Minibike Predator 224 Revs high wanting to take off on start and dies off choke...??

Just did this and seems to have the same problem.
It seems to be alittle better but it's still also stalling when the enrichment lever is down.

Last edited:
Well dam that sucks

How about if you give it throttle as you shut the enrichment off does it spit and sputter or just fall flat it doesn't make sense to me getting fuel getting fire dam thing should run
carbration is my weakest link im on the fence about putting one on a 5 hp briggs I got thats why I'm hanging around to se whats wrong

Well dam that sucks

How about if you give it throttle as you shut the enrichment off does it spit and sputter or just fall flat it doesn't make sense to me getting fuel getting fire dam thing should run
carbration is my weakest link im on the fence about putting one on a 5 hp briggs I got thats why I'm hanging around to se whats wrong
At a certain point the bike stalls out that point is usually when I'm close to having the choke/enrichner plunger lever all the way down. And the idle speed seems to be smooth and going down in rpm as I lower the plunger. But not enough to where I could start the engine up normal and not take off. The back wheel at most moments Is spinning so fast that the full brake can't stop it.

OK that is correc t your earlier pictures were backwards. When the plunger is down the enrichment is off. So try to just raise the slide height adjuster 1/4 turn at a time and see if at some point it will run. Do you have the f/a mix adjuster at 1.5 to 2 turns out? (the one on the bottom next to the float bowl. For your engine to idle ok the mix and the slide height have to be correct unless there is a problem with your idle circuit. You did say you checked float height is that correct,

OK that is correc t your earlier pictures were backwards. When the plunger is down the enrichment is off. So try to just raise the slide height adjuster 1/4 turn at a time and see if at some point it will run. Do you have the f/a mix adjuster at 1.5 to 2 turns out? (the one on the bottom next to the float bowl. For your engine to idle ok the mix and the slide height have to be correct unless there is a problem with your idle circuit. You did say you checked float height is that correct,
I did tune the fuel/air mixture screw I watched a vm22 tune video and just followed to the best for my engine. Also I did check the float at first it wasn't really leveled so I leveled it out and it's parallel. I tried adjusting the slide height so I could maybe get the enrichner off without it stalling but it didn't seem to have an effect.

I'd consider possibly getting a new carb at this point. Some engines just don't like some carbs.

A friend of mine was having issues with two of his engines not running right and he was having no luck with them. Decided to swap carbs just to see if that would help anything. Both engines ran great after the carb swaps. For some unknown reason, the carbs just didn't work well with the engines he originally had them on. The carbs were the same and the engines had similar mods. He was totally surprised by it too.

I started the engine today and i seemed to have been able to turn off the enrichner. I don't know what happen but in hoping this "fix" stays ... but the back wheel spins still but very slow I think I just have to tune the carb and it should be good.

I started the engine today and i seemed to have been able to turn off the enrichner. I don't know what happen but in hoping this "fix" stays ... but the back wheel spins still but very slow I think I just have to tune the carb and it should be good.
It's perfectly normal for the wheel to spin some when it's off the ground and the bike is idling. It just shouldn't be spinning fast like the clutch is engaged.

I honestly think you have the same issue as myself, and that's a blown or bad clutch. My 224 with a curved intake and a genuine mikuni carb is doing the same. Turn it over and the rear wheel spins out of control. Tried adjusting my carb all sorts of ways, did nothing. I believe it's because I blew my brand new max torque clutch