Help!...Ovesize Piston rings question

Long story short, I was in the middle of installing my new piston and one of the rings cracked. Looking for a set of .030 Piston rings for my 5hp 130232 engine. Is part # 298985 the correct one? I need chrome ones for the aluminum bore.
Also, for some reason the piston ring compressor I have wont compress the oil ring enough to allow me to get the piston in the bore. the gaps are fine. im guessing I need to buy a smaller piston ring compressor (one meant for small engines). It worked frin for my Tecumseh HS50...but the piston in that seems to be much larger in diameter.

I use a hose clamp...filed the outer bottom edge to an angle so it'll slide into the cylinder bore. Works like a charm.
Thats a good idea...however, I ended up breaking one of the rings somehow. Got another set and this set came with the 1 piece Oil Ring which had no issue going in. Maybe the rings were bogus, I know one of them did not look like a chrome ring like the others...that's the one that broke...so maybe some one was watching out for me:rolleyes: