Help removing torque converter

vwfan79

I need to rebuilt the engine for my Lil Indian Hellcat but can't get the torque converter off to get to the inners of the motor. Does any one have any suggestions, I was thinking a little heat but I don't want to ruin anything.

vwfan79

Don't ask me.:laugh:
:lol::lol:

It's not the bolt I can't get off, it's the whole assembly off the crank that won't budge. I spun the bolt off no hassles with my impact but the torque converters has been on there a long time and wont budge.

old-timer

Scamming Member
Spray it up good with PB blaster and let it sit for a day or two. That stuff works great !!
Then use a rubber mallet and gently tap at it. I wouldn't recommend using a wheel puller on it, only as an absolute last resort if all else fails.

Vic

Neck

Growing up is optional
After a good soak with penetrating oil, screw a longer bolt with a washer on it into the end of the crank, pick the engine up by the converter clutch and have a friend wack the bolt with a BFH. The washer is to keep the engine from hitting the floor when the converter comes loose.

And make sure, you wear gloves and safety glasses!

vwfan79

I put the motor back together the bike is going to a show this weekend so the rebuild is on hold, I will try to get pics later.