Help with clutch

Hello I bought this tecumseh engine because I was to build a mini bike. I want to put a clutch on it but it doesn't have a slot on the pto shaft. Could I still put one on it? 20230512_200651.jpg

Bird Brain

You could use it. Drill 2 matching dimple holes a 1/3 of the diameter of the crank in depth, using your clutch for the template to center punch locations, or just 90 degrees apart and slightly larger than the locking clutch set screws and afterwards swap the screws for hex head bolts and jamb nuts and dog them both down solid. Sort of use them as your drive "dawgs". That is make shift but if done correct it would last quite a while. Make sure a chain guard is used ALWAYS afterwards because the bolt heads will be snaggish. Swapping the shaft or having it milled for a key would be best. Good luck with it.

Lizardking

I'm not sure what is on it. Looks like a gear but idk. It's my first time messing with a small engine. Supposedly this came off of a mini bike‍♂️
If it was on a mini bike then it might have been used as a spacer for the clutch or line up to the rear sprocket. Just a guess!

See if it has set screws it it. look all around the collar and remove anything that might be screwed into it. Soak it with penetrating oil. Auto trans fluid will work if you are not in a hurry. Get that thing off and see what the shaft looks like. Looks like a great mini bike engine.

See if it has set screws it it. look all around the collar and remove anything that might be screwed into it. Soak it with penetrating oil. Auto trans fluid will work if you are not in a hurry. Get that thing off and see what the shaft looks like. Looks like a great mini bike engine.
Ok so it looks like it's a 3/4 shaft. I looked around the collar. There are two hole that are threaded that looks like maybe set screws or something goes into but from what I can tell there's not any screws in either hole. I don't see any screw heads and i can see the silver shaft in the holes.

Guts of a clutch…get you a gear puller…3jaw….put the point in the center where it’s punched…put your impact on it and go to town….slowly

Will do! After that is removed am able to put a clutch on it or does it have to have a keyway on the shaft? I'm new to this so may be dumb questions but idk.