Help with Rear Wheel Setup

sjkez

I have my old minibike that I rebuilding and need a new rear wheel, hub and sprocket.
The old one was all welded as one piece but the sprocket has worn out. See the pic below. Im not trying to find a make-up of parts to center the wheel in the frame.

Does anyone have any ideas? There's about 7.25" of space inbetween the frame. Axle is 1/2" dia. 6" wheels.

I appreciate it!

Attachments

sjkez

its just a 1 3/8" dia. tube (welded as part of the wheel) with a bearing. Looks just like the pic of the old wheel above without the sprocket.

thanks

Well if the sprocket is worn, you could cut off the old sprocket and weld on a new sprocket.
Or bolt a new bigger sprocket on to the current sprocket? That would mean you might have to move the wheel over, or the engine, maybe a spacer

sjkez

Well if the sprocket is worn, you could cut off the old sprocket and weld on a new sprocket.
Or bolt a new bigger sprocket on to the current sprocket? That would mean you might have to move the wheel over, or the engine, maybe a spacer
The tech OldMiniBikes warehouse suggested that. I may go that route. I have find someone that could weld it on true.

If your one to spend some cash and just want the rim fixed the correct way, remove the tire and bearings find a local machine shop to spin the wheel in a lathe to cut the old sprocket off the hub then buy a new sprocket and have them machine the sprocket hole the correct size and weld it on.
Might cost more than the bikes worth.

PatrickCraik

Just buy a new wheel assembly and sprocket. By the time you screw around trying to salvage some of the the old one, you'll piss away more money and time. You'll need to make spacers. I can explain the best way to measure for them. Send me a private message if interested.