Help with Room Temp Hemi Setup

So I have done some reading through build threads and know a bit but hope to learn a bit more here. So I just picked up a new Hemi motor from my buddy. He played around with it but only bench fired it a few times. He pulled the governor, oil sensor, tank and installed open air filter with carb adapter, small breather filter, jet, header pipe/11hp? screw on muffler. He installed an Arc top plate as well. The issue is, this will be going in my 71 model Rupp Hustler. Only thing I can see about those top plates is that they are for go kart foot throttles? Do I need to yank that and go back to the original parts? Would I need a fuel pump for any reason with this super basic setup?

I will likely put a billet flywheel from Arc and consider a billet rod. I don't intend to beat the poop out of it but I want it to hold together and be safe. I considered putting the governor back in too and just bumping the jack shaft sprocket ratio taller as it already wheelies hard from a stop with the GC160 motor on it with the torque converter. Also want more top speed at safe reliable rpm

Last edited:
Well your mini would be similar to my T-Bird. I didn't have a need for a fuel pump, heck even with the carb angled it runs just fine.

Now that said, a billet flywheel/rod is a must if the governor is gone. I still run the governor on mine, it's more then fast enough as is for me.
It's just something I ride around the pits at the track. Mine is non jackshaft, and yeah going to a lower count rear sprocket is a wise idea.
Mine would lift the front wheel at anything above idle with a 60 tooth, I dropped it down to a 54 if I remember correctly, to tame it down slightly. It will still wheelie, but takes more throttle to do so.

As for the Arc plate, I don't know.

Attachments