Help

I have a Coleman mini bike CT200u and it won’t start... I checked the spark plug and it looked like there was oil in there so I need a new engine or is there a way to fix it.?

mustangfrank

I have a Coleman mini bike CT200u and it won’t start... I checked the spark plug and it looked like there was oil in there so I need a new engine or is there a way to fix it.?
Hey Tony,

Best way to get good advice is to post a picture of the plug and give a little history on the no start condition. Was it running and when was it last running maybe?

Hey Tony,

Best way to get good advice is to post a picture of the plug and give a little history on the no start condition. Was it running and when was it last running maybe?
It’s new I got it a month before winter and it’s just been sitting in my garage and I went to go start it yesterday and it wouldn’t start so I took the spark plug out and there was oil inside where the spark plug goes in

It’s new I got it a month before winter and it’s just been sitting in my garage and I went to go start it yesterday and it wouldn’t start so I took the spark plug out and there was oil inside where the spark plug goes in
Hey Tony,

I’ve only road it for two days so like 10 hours of riding then just sat in the garage idk anything about mini bikes basically

This might sound dumb but since it's basically new, did you put oil in it?, if so, did you overfill it?. Overfilling it will cause oil to get into the cylinder fouling out the plug.

Lizardking

If the mini bike was stored or laid on its side for a few minutes then the air filter might be soaked with oil. If you didn't winterize it before you stored it then the carburetor and gas tank will need some cleaning. Clean the spark plug and make sure the cylinder isn't full of oil before reinstalling . Remove the air filter and shot some carb cleaner or starting fluid in the carb and start it.

Last edited:
Given that the poster is inexperienced it might be worthy to note that he might be seeing a moist spark plug which had some carbon on it and was soaked with fuel as he flooded it and it isn't really "oil" soaked

Might just need a new plug