Help

So we were messing around on the inside of a tillotson 212 thinking maybe the timing was off?? We have no idk new to all this.... Once opened we moved the cam and one of the rods came somewhat out and was push back in and put back together... Now the engine won't fire any ideas what we did wrong? I'm thinking it's the push rod from what I can find online??

Why did you think the timing was off?

Did you remove the valve cover during any of this?

Did the lifter and push rod fall out? You just pushed it back in, but was the rod set in the lifter and rocker correctly?

Did you make sure the dots on the cam and crank were lined up when putting things back together?

Did you re-set the valve lash after all of this? If yes, was it set just a bit past TDC on the compression stroke so it was off the compression release?

Basically you're at the "fucked with things and things don't work now and we have no idea what we're doing stage" so questions need to be answered.

Why did you think the timing was off?

Did you remove the valve cover during any of this?

Did the lifter and push rod fall out? You just pushed it back in, but was the rod set in the lifter and rocker correctly?

Did you make sure the dots on the cam and crank were lined up when putting things back together?

Did you re-set the valve lash after all of this? If yes, was it set just a bit past TDC on the compression stroke so it was off the compression release?

Basically you're at the "fucked with things and things don't work now and we have no idea what we're doing stage" so questions need to be answered.
Lol yeah kinda a few adult beverages were involved so that didn't not help the situation...
I'm leaning to the push rod not being set in properly, after thinking about it all.

For the timing we basically were just checking things at the beginning.
Valve cover was never removed
Lifter and rod did fall out dots lined up
Will be checking the rods and resetting the lash today