Help!!!!

so i didnt know how to put my throttle on the engine...so i took it to a minibike and gokart place. when i got there they told me that i couldnt hook it up legitimately and i would have to rig it. so i rig a lil and now i have the throttle hooked up but when i give gas i have to push the throttle back. but the line comes outa the hole to the grip. wut should i do.

Mac

Replace the twist throttle with a different style.
Some brands return too far which allows the end of the cable to unhook & pull out.

Man, I can't remember what kind of engine you have, Terror...

Tell me again, and I'll make up a kit and mail it to you for free, with a photo to show how to install it.

well i fixed my problem, but i have another. my air cleaner doesnt fit on under the frame... so somehow i need to make one that will fit.

what do you have 5hp terror?? an after market air filter that sticks straight up off of the original carb??
are you getting rid of the stock air filter and air box??

the stock one now doesnt fit and i dont know about a aftermarket one, cuz the store by my house doesnt have a good one.
well the stock briggs one is too tall but i think i might be able to jimmy rig one up. :)

The stock Briggs air cleaner doesn't usually sit any higher than the blower shroud...did that guy who hooked up your throttle raise the air cleaner housing up so he could fit some linkage underneath?

That would be cool...my mental-picturing ability is pretty much all used up trying to imagine all the horrible things that are going to happen to Paris Hilton once she gets jailed.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I don't know of one that will fit in the frame. But what you can do is go to your local hardware store and buy a paint screen. It's made like a old screen door. You can wrap it around your carb, and put a rubber band around it to make sure it stays on.

I had to do this with this carb I use to have that was to close to the frame. My buddy also does this with his sears minibike.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Look carfully at this carb and notice where the airfilter is supposed to be. It has the screen and rubber band. I needed this because the tire was so sticky it will pick up rocks and they will go into the carb.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
This one also has the screen too. I think with this one it was hard for me to find a air filter to fit a 2 1/4" mounting flange. And I was ready to ride without any more distractions.

i look at all the fast mini's and i see they have no recoil, wut is with that and about the filter wont it run alot cleaner with the sponge on the carb?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
i look at all the fast mini's and i see they have no recoil, wut is with that and about the filter wont it run a lot cleaner with the sponge on the carb?
The full race motors have to much compression to be pull starting by hand. So a hand held electric starter is needed. They can be started by hand, but it's tricky and can break parts or your hand.

The screen flows more then a foam filter. The screen still lets in a little dust, but nothing bigger. The foam keeps out dust, and works great. But they get dirty and are pricey to keep up, or buy over and over.

The pack of screens are like $3 and you cut them with scissors. One pack will last for ever.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I loved the motor to Josh. But it had to go once I modified it even more. I was just to crazy to ride. And are jockey didn't want to ride it any more. I had added larger valves, 2.5 lb billet flywheel, more port work, and more ignition timing. I also had to add a extra fuel pump to keep up with the added fuel demand. Here's one of the last pictures of it. It's now on a open kart being raced in Florida somewhere.