Hemi to Box Stock MOD2?

BWL

Will a Hemi MOD2 camshaft work in a Box Stock clone? I have a MOD2 hemi that a YouTube subscriber sent me. With it fit? That might be a good cam for my project.

Last edited:

BWL

:laugh: Now we're talking. The motor is running fine with the bone stock cam, but you can tell it's lacking power. I figured that MOD2 would be a lot better than a bone stock cam.

Yep a square lobe cam, or that's what I call them ...has a ton of duration but lift is still close to the CL cams. I did a little checking on this cam and its pulls up to about 7000 rpm's but they recommend the 22 # springs.
I've Installed some of these cams for some of the younger racers in this area that are trying to cheat the box stock predator class but never really seen how good they have worked.
If you get this cam out of the Predator shoot us a few pics of the cam lobes .

BWL

I plan to do the camshaft change today or tommorrow. The motor was running totally fine with the stock camshaft, so the MOD2 should work fine. Since I run a custom fishing lure business, there are times when I have to plop down at the fly tying station and crank out lures for customers.

Last edited:
Im pretty sure he use to have a video up on Utube of his motor with the cam if I remember right. He is easy to find if you look up mud boat motors on Utube. It's been a while sense I have watch a video. I will try to link it if I can find it.

Im pretty sure he use to have a video up on Utube of his motor with the cam if I remember right. He is easy to find if you look up mud boat motors on Utube. It's been a while sense I have watch a video. I will try to link it if I can find it. Ugh my tablet won't let me link the videos proper. Look up black warrior lures and you will find his videos.

Last edited: