Herters build

Wow!

Looks great! Can't wait to see it all together.
Thanks! Me too. Getting really excited now, hydro dipper just sent me a picture of the tank. I will pick it up Friday, its done but my other piece for another project isnt done yet.
IMG_52401.jpg
I get that it wont be for everyone, but i like it alot. Building this bike to be my rider. Everyone who has meet me irl has seen me break down at different fest with either my bike or my dads lol. Time to build something a little more reliable

Ive been waiting on some engine parts for weeks now. Last of the parts were suppose to arrive today but just got switched to monday.

I did mount the tank, footpegs, kickstand etc.. so hopefully tonight/tomorrow i will finish everything up to the point where all i have is the engine left. I wanted to work on it tomorrow and hopefully get the bike done. Oh well 20210227_151624.jpg 20210227_151635.jpg 20210227_151643.jpg 20210227_151650.jpg
So hopefully next time i post the bike will be done! I want to fix things on my trail buck too before it gets too nice outside, it has some frame damage and about 10 layers of paint on it lol

Was the hydro dip expensive? Just curious.
I used to have a local guy that was really reasonable, he up and left one night so I never really did it again. This guy was 50 miles away, did a really nice job though. It was 185$ for the tank and the dual quad set up is my fathers, he charged 185$ for that too. I won’t be doing it as much as I used to lol.

I will take a couple pictures of the dual quads, i really love the way that came out.

the powdercoater I used is really great though, I’ve been going to him for years and treats me really well. This bike was 150$ for all the powdercoating and litterally called me 1 day after I dropped it off saying I could pick it up. I’ve used other powdercoaters before him too, this is the best quality by far.

Been a while since an update. 1st time putting an engine together and I made some mistakes. The ring compressor i used was too big so when i tapped the piston head in I scored up the wall. I ordered the right size ring compressor and a new block and tried again about a 2 months later lol. Worked out way better with the correct size ring compressor.

Started it up last night for the first time and it ran great right from the start! Made me so happy

I was going to try to get the bike ready for torque fest but this weekend but i think ill just wait untill symco later this summer.

This is the first engine i put together, is there a break in i need to do? Im new to this, i did put the ams break in oil in it.

The motor is a pretty basic build i guess, arc aluminum rod, mod2 cam, 18 lb springs, 22mm mikuni(chikuni? Idk the difference), arc aluminum flywheel. It sounds great, ran really well first start up, really surprised me.

20210429_183926.jpg 20210429_184331.jpg

View attachment 278137

Bike is looking good.

I have to ask, are those 8-Track tapes laying on the tool box?

On Edit I got the pic to blow up and see an Elvis tape. I love it. My neighbor is having a yard sale tomorrow and I was nosying around yesterday and he had a box full of 8-Track Elvis tapes in the pile.

View attachment 278137

Bike is looking good.

I have to ask, are those 8-Track tapes laying on the tool box?

On Edit I got the pic to blow up and see an Elvis tape. I love it. My neighbor is having a yard sale tomorrow and I was nosying around yesterday and he had a box full of 8-Track Elvis tapes in the pile.
Thanks FOMOGO! I cant wait to get it going.

I love 8 tracks, I have probably atleast 500 laying around. The ranchero has had an 8 track player since the moment I bought the car. My dad bought a 50 ford shoebox late last season, he will most likely have one in there soon too. Have one in the garage and shed too lol

I got the bike together, just waiting on a kill switch to come in and i need to make a chain guard. 20210508_155351.jpg 20210508_155403.jpg 20210508_155410.jpg

Im having issues, when i start it the bike wants to take off. I cannot figure out how to get the idle down on this bike. It has a 22mm chikuni carb on it. I did not jet it. It ran and idled nicely when it was on the stand. This thing just takes off now when started. The screw on the front of the carb did nothing at all. Could it be in the handle? This is new to me, do i have to make adjustments in the handle then? I will probably take the handle off tomorrow and see if thats helps. Kinda freaked me out so im going to put it down for today. Thanks OldMiniBikes 20210508_160111.jpg