Hey y'all newbie from Atl with plenty of questions

I got bitten by the mb bug about 3 months ago and since then I've acquired 3 bikes and have had the pleasure of riding zero.
First bike is a Manco Thunderbird and i bought a predator motor for her and in pursuit to have a dependable bike ive bought 2 chains new clutch and sprocket. Ive also had the motor plate reinforced. That should say something about my intention.
The problem is i know that the forks are bent and even though the bike is rideable, i really dont want my kids on it and cannot find a replacement or suitable option. Someone please tell me what to do, and just as important, i need links to make it work. People will say just do this... But no leads and parts they claim will work are no longer available.
Somebody's gotta know something.
My other bikes are a Motovox $50 score, and my lastest score black Friday is a MTD trail flight. The TF is a rolling chassis and is going to need the whole village behind it but the Tbird comes first.

Howdy from northeast ATL in Gwinnett. Maybe meet-up and ride sometime once I get my project going. Do you ride on your own property or go somewhere else?

Howdy from northeast ATL in Gwinnett. Maybe meet-up and ride sometime once I get my project going. Do you ride on your own property or go somewhere else?
Hello. Im in Sandy Springs and ride around the neighborhood. Its not a busy area and your welcome to come ride. I also will ride down the street to Roswell rd which is fun.

Ok give me a min and ill get some pics posted.
That will be helpful.

If you don't have access to a press, FOMOGO did a thread where he clamps the fork bottoms to a table, with the bike still attached and upside down...uses the bike for leverage, so as to bend the forks back straight. Cold bend, no heat.

I'll dig around and see if I can find the thread. @FOMOGO

Last edited:
There you go, good advice.

I'd also recommend getting a smaller back sprocket for safety reasons.

We had a Manco Thunderbird probably 20 years ago or so, and even with the 3 or 3.5 hp stock motor, it was a wall climbing, wheelie machine. With that predator on there, you have major power. With that big back sprocket, you will be hard pressed to keep the front end on the ground.

There you go, good advice.

I'd also recommend getting a smaller back sprocket for safety reasons.

We had a Manco Thunderbird probably 20 years ago or so, and even with the 3 or 3.5 hp stock motor, it was a wall climbing, wheelie machine. With that predator on there, you have major power. With that big back sprocket, you will be hard pressed to keep the front end on the ground.
I know right. I quickly found that out the hard way. The maiden voyage consisted of a sticky throttle cable and she threw 3 people attempting to ride. I worked out the throttle and got a 54 tooth sprocket on it now. She stays down now but she still has enough low end to lift on demand. Its rough on a 48yo to hit the pavement.

Welcome to the hobby. It's great to see someone getting started and excited. Those are nice bikes and a very good start..
happy to help you out in any way I can. phxMark