HF mini tire changer

Dschroeder I have one works great for holding a rim but the threaded rod is pretty big so you may need to pull your bearings first! Works fantastic for breaking a bead!!!! Have not had any success putting on a tire with the tools they give you! But like you said holds it great if you want to use tire irons!!:thumbsup:

Fat Boy

If it is like the larger model for car tires it will be about 50% useful with the tools they give you and it can be 100% useful if you remake the tools to make it work properly . I like the larger model now that it works like it should after all the refinements I made to it .

Thanks guys :) just tired of doing tires on the garage floor and trying to keep them
From moving around. I watched the video on the HF site and the "mount/dismount tool" did look pretty cheesy :shrug: was planning on picking up a nice set of tire irons as well from
One of the local motorcycle shops and ditching the cheap ones I have that bend

On Youtube there is a great video on changing tires. Look up " Lawn Mower Tire Change Carlisle Tire" by Outdoordistributors.com, I used this to change out my Hawg Ty tires and Scat Tracker tires. I suffer from acute emphysema and it was a breeze for me. Good Luck

Never thought of looking on YouTube thanks for the idea :thumbsup: got it picked up now just gotta decide what to mount it to. Still want it moveable so thinking a grinder stand

Sometimes its just cheaper on your wallet and your fingers to pay $5 and have Wallmart dismount and remount. Tires can stick to the rim and refuse to budge.

Big Jim

My neighbor has one of these, if nothing else it is great for holding the wheel solid. HF sells a long tire spoon, get a couple of them.

Last edited:
Used mine to take tires off of tractor rims and a few ATV tires several times and the best part as has been said is it holds the rim while working on it which makes it very easy for me atleast.

I havnt used mine in a year or so but will need to get it out soon to do a bit more clean up around here.
Lots of old, rotten tracter tires around here still.:laugh:

I'm still working on a quick change system of tools which basically is a bumper-mount-receiver bolted to my work bench and a hitch-mount-vise-plate that I have a vise mounted to one and my tube bender mounted to another.I havnt tried the tire changer to see if I can use use it with the setup yet.

The big problem I havnt taken care of is the slop in the receiver/hitch

Pull the Schrader valve, place the tire in a bench vice and brake the bead. A tire spoon will pull up the wall of the tire.Easy 5 minute tire change.

I have the larger HF one think I used it once, I just bought a few spoons off ebay - alot easier. I wish I would have bought the smaller one I may have used it more.:scooter: