hf predator 212cc for $99

I have bought my limit of 3. The HF guy thought he was going to be smart and after I bought the first one he marked through the Bar Code on the coupon with a Black Sharpy. I still used the same coupon to buy the other two, I just explained what he did and they made good on it.

So far I could not be happier with the HF 6.5 engines. I have one Warrior (Baha) and two yard carts (30 + years old) and a big goofy Yerf-Dog dune buggy. The Briggs are being phased out at my house.

Dang, I missed it. I've been looking for these motors to go on sale for a month now and I'm out if town when they finally do. How do you guys find out about these discounts? And would you continue posting when they do go on sale. Thanks

I got my 3 for the shelf... Waiting for the next trike project... I still don't know how they compare to the Blue ones. But at least Black goes with everything... Randy :thumbsup:

I check their site often and saw them for $139, I subscribed to the flyer I think. Hopefully will pick one up soon for cheap

Bikerscum

I scored one on the last day,

I have a HF 20 minutes away from me but ordered online. I'm in Kalifornia, & wanted the 49 state model. I don't even know what the difference is, I just know if it's Kal certified it sucks.
Paid $7 shipping and have a weeks wait rather than drive down the road. And would again.

Right now its $139, but if you use 20% coupon it should be $112. Print out the hf website price and coupon and go to store, they honor it.

Right now its $139, but if you use 20% coupon it should be $112. Print out the hf website price and coupon and go to store, they honor it.
call your local HF store first and ask them what the price is....when it was online for $149, my local store had them for $129...with the 20% off coupon it was $103 and some change...then $25 or something for the 2 yr warranty. so while not $99 + warranty, it was close at $103

I have a HF 20 minutes away from me but ordered online. I'm in Kalifornia, & wanted the 49 state model. I don't even know what the difference is, I just know if it's Kal certified it sucks.
Paid $7 shipping and have a weeks wait rather than drive down the road. And would again.
So they will ship a non-Kal motor to Kal? Most places won't. We will see cuz after I read your post I ordered one and got a confirmation order. :) I already have the Kal certified one on my Yerfdog and am in the process of breaking it it. The difference I see between the engines is the Kal one has a little catylatic converter on the muffler and a vent hose on the gas tank. Since I put a different air filter on I didn't know what to do with the vent tube on the gas tank though so i just ran a long fuel line hose beneath the kart. There is probably more difference choking out he engine than is physically visable. BTW, had to pay $7.75 tax so with shipping the total was $114.73.

Last edited:

Bikerscum

So they will ship a non-Kal motor to Kal? Most places won't. We will see cuz after I read your post I ordered one and got a confirmation order. :) I already have the Kal certified one on my Yerfdog and am in the process of breaking it it. The difference I see between the engines is the Kal one has a little catylatic converter on the muffler and a vent hose on the gas tank. Since I put a different air filter on I didn't know what to do with the vent tube on the gas tank though so i just ran a long fuel line hose beneath the kart. There is probably more difference choking out he engine than is physically visable. BTW, had to pay $7.75 tax so with shipping the total was $114.73.
They won't do it. I waited for 2 weeks, no engine even tho the order page said complete & qty. shipped = 1. I sent an email & they replied that it was cancelled right away because of the Ka. thing. I asked why the order showed complete, they said because it is complete. I asked where the 1 that showed shipped went to, they replied that the order was complete.

Their processing system must be from the same Chinese company as their tools.

They won't do it. I waited for 2 weeks, no engine even tho the order page said complete & qty. shipped = 1. I sent an email & they replied that it was cancelled right away because of the Ka. thing. I asked why the order showed complete, they said because it is complete.
Thanks for the heads-up! Sale probably been over by the time I found out it wasn't coming. I called and cancelled my order since it would be cancelled anyway. Ordered another and had it sent to Oregon. $106 total.I think it would be fun to learn small engine repair and to practice I will put EVERY performance part available on it. Anyone know where to get a really lite rolling kart new for under $1000?

man wish i would have checked this thread earlier. i bought a predator today for 139 and 20% off coupon= 112. not a bad price at all. got new flier and second week in march they will have parking lot sale and they will sell for $99.
TT

I got my 3 for the shelf... Waiting for the next trike project... I still don't know how they compare to the Blue ones. But at least Black goes with everything... Randy :thumbsup:
Hey Gumpit.. What size bolts fit in the 4 holes around the shaft on the hf 6.5 predator? I'm tying to mount a new clutch/ chain guard on my Motovox.
They are smaller than 5/16 - 24 for sure.