High priced Harley at Florida vintage car dealer—

Well I guess I’ll chime in on the Harley angle here…yes they are over priced and for the most part the bikes newer than 69 really suck ass…….but since my dad first sat me on one in the 60s….he was a so Calif member….I fell in love with them….but fast forward to the early 2000s….I had to go to work in a Harley shop between good jobs….they made me hate Harley’s….the HOG members are the worse….they are usually drs or lawyers who dress up on the weekends and ride to the corner bar….then you have fucking Rich people that wake up one day and think gee I have 5 million dollars let’s go buy a Harley shop….and then we are all screwed….

now they have electric Harley’s with fake noise….glad I’m old and dying….

lol! Truth is, AMF was the best thing happened to HD. I had several,all good running and reliable. I had two "buy back" as the '82-'83 HD's were called. Both junk!
I won't dispute your experience, but in general Shovelheads are the most disliked of all H-D engine designs. Too bad, because those late 60s early 70s bike were very attractive, at least to my eyes.

I won't dispute your experience, but in general Shovelheads are the most disliked of all H-D engine designs. Too bad, because those late 60s early 70s bike were very attractive, at least to my eyes.
Now I’m not starting a debate or pissing off the next guy or agreeing with anyone, but, I don’t know…I can remember when they introduced the evo….guys swore they’d never ride one…it was the most hated at that time….the “troublehead” has gotten a bad rap….mostly from newbies or non wrenches….once you update the ignition and toss a mikuni on them they run as well as any other….sometimes better….and other than the Panhead it’s the best looking motor Harley ever produced….. 44FAD319-A005-4F82-82D9-FCB48204BC7C.jpeg
And if you’re lucky enough to find a peas and carrots shovel you’ve hit the jackpot….just an old guys opinion….

Now I’m not starting a debate or pissing off the next guy or agreeing with anyone, but, I don’t know…I can remember when they introduced the evo….guys swore they’d never ride one…it was the most hated at that time….the “troublehead” has gotten a bad rap….mostly from newbies or non wrenches….once you update the ignition and toss a mikuni on them they run as well as any other….sometimes better….and other than the Panhead it’s the best looking motor Harley ever produced….. View attachment 299296
And if you’re lucky enough to find a peas and carrots shovel you’ve hit the jackpot….just an old guys opinion….
Sweet bike, Skipp. Only a little jealous here.

This thread has already strayed from it's original post, so please allow me one last detour. People will debate and argue the price, I just find the bike interesting from a historical viewpoint.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifesty...n-most-expensive-motorcycle-ever-sold-auction
That’s an amazing time capsule and the person that bought it probably used the change off their dresser. 1 of 12 left and most likely the best of the best. If you have the bucks and that’s what you desire to own, more power to you. You can’t take it with you.

Well I guess I’ll chime in on the Harley angle here…yes they are over priced and for the most part the bikes newer than 69 really suck ass…….but since my dad first sat me on one in the 60s….he was a so Calif member….I fell in love with them….but fast forward to the early 2000s….I had to go to work in a Harley shop between good jobs….they made me hate Harley’s….the HOG members are the worse….they are usually drs or lawyers who dress up on the weekends and ride to the corner bar….then you have fucking Rich people that wake up one day and think gee I have 5 million dollars let’s go buy a Harley shop….and then we are all screwed….

now they have electric Harley’s with fake noise….glad I’m old and dying….
Hard to like something when someone says they are dying. I’m in my 7th decade stumbling around this marble and have some health issues but I try to stay positive. Here’s hoping that you are doing well and exaggerating a bit my friend.

Hard to like something when someone says they are dying. I’m in my 7th decade stumbling around this marble and have some health issues but I try to stay positive. Here’s hoping that you are doing well and exaggerating a bit my friend.
Dude we’re all on way out…just some faster than others…and No I hope to be here pissing people off for many years to come….

Dude we’re all on way out…just some faster than others…and No I hope to be here pissing people off for many years to come….
Gotta enjoy these years the best we can, guys. Although I need a bike like I need a hole in the head, I've been torturing myself looking for one. The idea would be to force myself to enjoy it for a year or so and do some road trips. Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah. Just to be able to look back and say I did it.

Gotta enjoy these years the best we can, guys. Although I need a bike like I need a hole in the head, I've been torturing myself looking for one. The idea would be to force myself to enjoy it for a year or so and do some road trips. Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah. Just to be able to look back and say I did it.
I haven’t been able to ride motorcycles for two years now….but with the newly added body parts I think I might try…I’m getting the old shovel ready for a go….

I haven’t been able to ride motorcycles for two years now….but with the newly added body parts I think I might try…I’m getting the old shovel ready for a go….
Spring is right around the corner. My neck of the woods, it's pretty much here.
I hope you are able to to enjoy some quality time with your bike soon.