High Speed Front Forks

Here is the first mini bike I had (since I was a kid.) I found it in the trash about 10 years ago and repainted it and got it running for my son. I never even knew at the time the forks were wrong :doah::I have come along way since then :1orglaugh:

Mac

Picked me up a cat 250X cruiser frame today for $50 with a Honda GC160,
and a Briggs 3hp with updraft carb setup.

Looks like his shoulders shoved the handlebars forward too.
The seller told me they came this way from the factory......

I don't have a picture of it... but the very first day my dad brought my Bird Nighthawk home it ended up looking just like those two. Jackass older brother was jealous and grabbed the bike when I wasn't looking. Gave it full throttle as he pull started it, immediately lost control, and rammed full speed into the house.
Its funny thinking back on it, but god was I pissed. Pops decided we both needed needed the belt and the bike was mothballed for months.

Bird products seem to have the majority of photos here, the aluminum scrub pads get glazed and just dont work well. I've had several Wrens and straightened the forks on every one. I like steel scrub brakes and made one for the last Wren, worked well.:thumbsup:

the small 4" tires and no front suspention are the worst. They just dont have the diameter to make it over the bumps. My wards bike was real bad so i decided to add a suspention and its 100X better now

bandit 40

It was night time and I went off the 5ft wide asphalt walking path to go around my son, and all I remember was him saying...are you ok??? I said , where is the minibike??? He says to me...way over there :eek:hmy:.... I said holy chit:censure::censure:. It was no exaggeration every bit of at least 20ft:laugh:. I will never go off the path at night again, while holding my neck praying it was not :censure: broke:laugh::laugh:...