High Speed Front Forks

They crack me up. always makes me wonder what happened, how it happened, who was riding it and what the outcome was. Post pictures of your favorite high speed forks if you got 'em.

Mac

Mine below are NOT built for speed, but I think the frame is:

The Bird "Wren" frame apparently tried to "out speed" the forks.

Years ago when I was 12..I found out how high speed forks were made..lol. While flyin through an open field..I managed to find the only sink hole in the whole field. Needless to say..instant high speed forks. lol :laugh::doah::blink:

They crack me up. always makes me wonder what happened, how it happened, who was riding it and what the outcome was. Post pictures of your favorite high speed forks if you got 'em.
ouch how ???? that just makes me cringe looking at it . that one had to of hurt
i got one of them and have seen it flip over and no bends like that . i have it hit a hole and it flipped over not fun meet snow bank at full bore .

I used a 10 ton hydraulic press to straighten out a number of forks on the Fox Campus bikes that I'm restoring. And even with that they are a bitch to unbend. I can't imagine what type of impact it takes to bend a set or forks like that. I'd love to see some "after" pics of the riders. Ogy

I used a 10 ton hydraulic press to straighten out a number of forks on the Fox Campus bikes that I'm restoring. And even with that they are a bitch to unbend. I can't imagine what type of impact it takes to bend a set or forks like that. I'd love to see some "after" pics of the riders. Ogy
I use my press as well, a few blocks and some 2/4s and it's not too bad but some are bent past the point of repair. I have done several sets for folks and charge $25 for those who can pay and let the others slide. I always tell folks that brakes are the most overlooked thing on minibikes but hittin that curb usually cures em of the complacency that got em bent to begin with. Brakes people, maintain your brakes!:thumbsup:

dang lol The other day i figured out my gokart has a crumple zone. it wouldnt steer in the snow and i hit a stump and crumpled up the a-arm into the frame. i got it bent back into shape without too much trouble :laugh:

back in the 70's a friend of the family gave us a Suzuki Scooter...kinda loooked like a Vespa with the cowl and all. It had square hollow front forks made out of stamped sheetmetal. Well I bent them, hammered em back:hammer:...bent them again...hammered em back:hammer:..after about the fourth time I was riding the bike through the woods and the s.o.b. snapped clean off plunging the broken ends into the ground and pitching me over the handlebars :doah:
The only thing left holding them to the bike was the brake cable or speedometer cable. After I picked myself up off the ground and shook off the cobwebs I had to drag the whole heap of :censure: back to the house before my dad saw it. Found a local body shop to weld it back but I never trusted it again.....:no: