highschool desighn and set up stupidity.

joshua. c.

I was thinking cack to high school recently and mine had some pritty dumb issues. The elementry and middle schools were one town only but the highschool was mixed towns so it was run differently. My biggest complaint was the high school computer system (or lack there of) the town shools had integrated servers where all the computers were up to date and linked so you could acces a private acount on any computer and do your work anyware and they all ran wondows the most common opersting system. the highschool had no schoolwide network the only room that did was the computer lab. and It didnt have private acounts so that one was useles, anyone who wanted to could mess with your work. (and if you think they whoolden't yove never been builled). on top of that the computers were old out of date macks making it hard for my at home computer to read the flopy drives we had to store our work on. There was also some stupidity in the additions that were added. when they built the new adition that gave uss a new gym (I never saw the need) we needed clasrooms not gym space but my gripe is that they made it a separate building. Winters in New Hampshire can be blindingly cold sometimes so why not connect it? another act of stupidity was the parking lot changes. The old main parking lot had one entrance and one exit and there was only enough room for the sentior class to park at school even thow people outside tha senior class have cars. there was only one main exit to the parking lot so it was congested when school gou out, when they built the adition to they're credit they added a second exit (yay) but when they did they ripped out the entire senior parking lot that it passed threw eliminating almost 100 parking spots when parking was tight already. ( senior parking areas were swapped with staff parking areas.) wnen the adition was built they should have been adding parking for classes other than seniors and instead of ripping out parking spots. The shool had issues with non seniors parkin off campus in places it wasn't allowed. They were banned from campus parking due to space issues.

No In my high school says we still rode the school bus with our shotguns so we could squirrel hunt on the walk home….made stocks for dads guns in shop Class for Christmas…and played mumbledy peg at lunch!

Triley41395

No In my high school says we still rode the school bus with our shotguns so we could squirrel hunt on the walk home….made stocks for dads guns in shop Class for Christmas…and played mumbledy peg at lunch!
Yep, gun rack in the back window of the pickup and you didn't have to worry about anyone stealing them or going to jail for break some stupid rules. I do remember the damn lockers wouldn't hold a one piece fishing rod, but you could stuff it with a bunch of stupid books.

My highschool experience was pretty unimpressive. Didn't get to do anything fun, but my technologic ineptitude did have me upload all the Metallica black album and several Pantera songs into the staff files section on the server, somehow in the process of just trying to play CDs on the computer. I got two weeks of out of school suspension for that.

toomanytoys

Our elementary, middle and Jr high was all in one building. Each town had its own school. 6 in total. One teacher taught two grades in the same room. Kindergarten and 1st, then one for 2nd and 3rd, so on and so forth. Sounds like the 1800s doesn’t it? This was 1989 to 1998

After 8th grade the town schools went to the consolidated high school.

After I graduated they turned the high school into the middle school, built a new high school and a new elementary school all on one campus. Much better setup.

My kids are all somewhere in this setup. It’s a lot better than when I went! My kids are so much smarter than I ever was at their ages. My son after kindergarten was reading books! I don’t remember being able to read till 2nd grade.