Hillcat Style tandem scratch build Jeep2003 Open Class

If I was really in the need to remove a muffler like that I would cut it off flush with the block and then take a piece of hacksaw blade and cut it on the inside to where iI could collaspe the remaining piece of pipe. Wonder if they make a helicol that big?

Im getting real close to teardown and paint! I got the rear rack done and the engine slots drilled. Got the band brake mount and clutch guard nearly done. i found a nice little bowl to use like delray did. it looks great. also did the foot peg mounts and rear fender. just gotta finish up the clutch guard mounts and figure out a kick stand. then its tear down and lots of griinding and smoothing.

thanks andrew. I know I surprise myself sometimes :laugh: I picked a color for the wheels is like a soft gold. Ill see how it comes out it should look good against blue.

I like the sounds of the color scheme Jeep, can't wait to see it sprayed. The bike looks great too, and you did a excellent job on the rack. :thumbsup:

Great job Jeep...like a lot of others, i've been watching this one. Your fab skills are amazing. I thought the swingset bike was cool, but this one is great. Never seen a Larkin, just pics. This is the way they should have been built! Very nice. Any members out there actually have a Hillcat?

Yea I dunno I think someone on minidoodle might have one I remember seeing a pic a few years ago. I started this bike a few years ago with the frame I wanted to make the split suspended frame. But I wanted it kind of sleek looking like it should be made like that. By the time that was together I realized it was so long i could have room to do the dual wheel thing like iv been wanting to do and if i only went single wheel it would look funky anyway. Then I decided since im going all out on that I might as well make a trail tamer fork which iv been wanting to do also and that would really round it off nicely. So Im really glad I was able to build those three things into one bike :smile:

Awesome :thumbsup: I wouldnt expect anything less from you.

It must be nice to be able to think of a bike you have always wanted and then just build it :laugh:. Its all I can do to get them back together again once I take them apart.

Thanks guys ! I got a few parts painted toady. I like the gold wheel even though it wasnt like I envisioned. but the blue i was hopeing to use on the frame looked a bit funky when i sprayed the clutch guard so I thought i might do the bike silver but im im not sure that will look good. I feel like it needs a real color. Im going to try a real dark blue I think. Ill tell you what ..Building the bike was easy compared to picking the color !

Jeep

Have you built a restrictor into the rear swing arm to limit it's movement, Say if you drive off a steep pavement - something that stops the last rear wheel jumping up and hitting the fender?

The mechanics on this are wickedly awesome and I am hellava curious about the rear wheel setup.

Stunning Build:thumbsup:

thanks guys im glad everyone likes it :smile: gives me motivation to continue working on it. I picked out a few more colors today. i think i might have it this time :laugh: chain guard has about 6 different colors on it now :001_rolleyes: .
Tank the fender moves with the rear end so tires cant hit it. I did weld on a couple tabs so i can hold it up in a wheelie and serve as a stop in that direction. I dont anticipate the middle wheel coming up so far that itll be a problem so I didnt do a stop in that direction. the fender and tire will clear the carburator without issue

You should find a track of some kind to wrap around the tires in the winter.
I built it to accomodate a bigger more gnarly tread tire or even chains but somewhere along the line i miscalculated and that brougt the tires a little closer to the jackshaft so now theres no room for that. But a track that goes over the tires is an idea