Hilltopper exhaust

copyman

Is the flexible exhaust pipe still available somewhere? Or a way to tighten flex pipe on both 2" nipple eng side & other end to muffler, both are really loose and exhaust fumes coming out from them. The heathkit manual says it's a tight fit and has to be twisted on.

I tried exhaust tape on both sides. After 10 minute ride the tape on muff side burnt and came undone, the manifold side seems ok but after a longer ride will probably come off.

Also tried muffler putty when I first put eng back together and flex pipe was loose again after one ride.

Was thinking clamps but the flex pipe feels really hard and don't think clamps will compress it.

Thanks for any ideas

copyman

Hit the drop down box and there is a plethora of sizes...choose wisely weed hopper...
Ha-ha. Yeah I know about the drop down box. I may have Skipp mixed up with someone else. I thought he had a hilltopper and knew the size.

Have a feeling what's on bike now isn't the correct pipe. Exhaust has been messed with because the lock nut is missing on nipple pipe on engine. Hope to also find one of those lock nuts because nipple keeps getting loose.

Thanks

copyman

Is Rt 21 trading a real website or out of business? Horrible service. Placed an order and paid about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Only way to contact is with form on their website. No phone #.
I normally would of checked them out and if no phone # wouldn't of dealt with them but when someone gives you a website you figured it's legit. I will not deal with any company that doesn't offer a phone #.
If you are going to order from them proceed with caution!

desert rat

Thank you! Can now call and see what's going on
If you go the the home page this is the first line on there.

NY gubner's outrageous policies- Our facility is located in an area where the dumbass politicians have decidied we do not need employees and the employees don't needs jobs. Therefore, this may likely cause some delays in processing, and is causing delays in shipments from Distributors, as well as delivery from most carriers. Please be patient as we all work through this situation.

copyman

If you go the the home page this is the first line on there.

NY gubner's outrageous policies- Our facility is located in an area where the dumbass politicians have decidied we do not need employees and the employees don't needs jobs. Therefore, this may likely cause some delays in processing, and is causing delays in shipments from Distributors, as well as delivery from most carriers. Please be patient as we all work through this situation.
I saw that on their home page.

You can only use the Covid as an excuse for so long. I deal with several NY companies and no issues at all.

Covid or not you can run a company professionally and at least acknowledge an order. Just bad business! Put it right up there with Jacks small engine parts. Their game is show part in stock then after you pay get an email next day it's on back order.

I saw that on their home page.

You can only use the Covid as an excuse for so long. I deal with several NY companies and no issues at all.

Covid or not you can run a company professionally and at least acknowledge an order. Just bad business! Put it right up there with Jacks small engine parts. Their game is show part in stock then after you pay get an email next day it's on back order.
Hey jacks is an awesome place...2 day shipping....never a problem...

copyman

Hey jacks is an awesome place...2 day shipping....never a problem...
To be fair Jack's website is laid out good and user friendly. First time I ordered it was fine. But next 2 times I got "Jacked". Website said in stock, paid and email next day saying back ordered or special order 7-10 days. I then read their customer reviews and many people have been "Jacked" by them with same complaints and bad reviews.

Last edited:

copyman

Guess I’m Just lucky then....
No I'm sure it was more my bad luck because I was ordering parts for old H50. My only gripe is they should keep up with what's in stock. Other than that Jack's is a good website for parts. I would still use them but would call if part needed right away and ask if in stock. I really can't compare them to Rt 21. At least they send confirmation emails for orders, keep you up to date with order.

I called RT 21 # you provided and got message "users mailbox is full". It seemed like a private cell phone?

Also not sure if you noticed, think on 1st page of RT 21 website, an ad "business for sale", wasn't sure if that was RT 21 selling the business or they allow companies to place ads?

Anywhere else that sell 3/4" ID SS flexpipe? only need one foot.

Take care

copyman

I finally received the flex pipe but was the wrong size. Not Rt 21 fault. My fault I measured wrong. What size flex pipe should I get for the TEC H50? The pipe nipple is 2" x 3/4". The heathkit manual shows flex pipe being a tight fit screwing onto the 3/4" threaded nipple. Doesn't show the flex pipe size, I would guess 1" to 1 - 1/4" ??

Thanks