Hisun 196cc EPA carb

Has anyone tried removing the EPA carb jet with an easy out? It has no adjustment screws for air and fuel and I was planning to add a .038 jet but I’m not sure if the carb would work since there are no adjustment screws. I currently have 18lbs valve springs and a header pipe with high flow air filter and a zip tied governor.

I am in Oceanside California and have purchased 4 predator engines new, locally, so I 'm sure they are EPA carburators . I have changed main jets on 2 or 3 of them like when installing a stage one kit. Worked like it should.

Minimichael

You need to fully remove the governor and install a billet rod and a billet or PVL flywheel on that engine. Doing the zip tie mod is just stupid, especially with heavier valve springs installed. Even some of the bigger YT guys that work on these engines will tell you that.
Can you get away with only doing the rod and flywheel and leave the governor zip-tied in place? I'm just wondering...

2old2care

If
Can you get away with only doing the rod and flywheel and leave the governor zip-tied in place? I'm just wondering...
If you're opening the engine to replace the rod, you may as well remove the governor - And if you're leaving the governor, then not much point in building the engine for higher rpms.
OTOH, disabling the governor, and then just adding heavier valve springs, with no other internal mods, is a bad idea, I think - You're taking away the last defense against over revving, valve float - Doom awaits, at some point :eek:

SAS289

With what he's doing there you wouldn't want the governor in the engine. The 18lb springs may allow the RPM higher (6K+ RPM) than the governor is designed to spin at which increases the chance of it blowing apart, just like the flywheel and rod.

You need to fully remove the governor and install a billet rod and a billet or PVL flywheel on that engine. Doing the zip tie mod is just stupid, especially with heavier valve springs installed. Even some of the bigger YT guys that work on these engines will tell you that.

The zip tie was just an experimental thing that I would not endorse anyone to do unless you don’t mind if your engine may blow if you aren’t careful. It was never over revved. To get just a more miles an hr I moved the governor spring to another hole on the arm and got more speed and the governor will move as it should but will allow some more rpm. Go Power Sports does recommend 18lbs with the stage 1 kit although not required. I’m just going with a full stage 1 and really that’s all I need. For now anyway!

Last edited: