Home build Tiny mini.

Nev been done before...I must admit...I have rebuilt many Chevy/Mopar Harley Davidson/Honda/Yamaha engines and Jeep engines but never a small Tec engine????? How hard can it be?????I have the re-Ringkit and gasket set...Lets see how this turn out?????..lol
100_7303.JPG
100_7305.JPG
100_7304.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks!!...A Lil update...Been slow going here on the mini but light at end of tunnel...I had a problem with the ring thickness fitting the piston groove but sorted that issue out then had a paint wrinkle issue on the engine then got past that....Now the carb rebuild...The float/carb was trashed and looking to upgrade shortly...Getting close to The fire up debut....
100_7317.JPG
100_7315.JPG
100_7318.JPG
100_7319.JPG
Got the carb soaking in Pine-Sol for the clean up..

I admire your craftsmanship. Great job.
Thank you! I removed the chore boy stuffing from the muffler...No real difference in sound level?..The Carb/Engine is an Emission model with zero adjustments to the carb[Air screw included} So I ordered an after market one to try? It will either start right up on second pull or it will take 10 pulls??The choke setting does not seem to make a diff.??The carb was really gummed up and by the looks of the float it looks like water froze in the bowl and crushed the float???I pulled this engine from a scrap pile.It's an early '90,s model from a go kart...lol...To be continued....

Last edited:
I really like how this turned out. How did you get the maverick on the back of the seat?
Thanks! I had a friend cut me a vinyl sticker/stencil on a Crikut cutter machine and stuck it to the seat/masked off the rest then sprayed 2 coats of silver vinyl/ fabric upholstery paint by rust-oleum.The front plate font was the actual sticker in black.I got the Maverick font image from the web and it,s from the movie Top gun..

SAS289

That's a great little bike you made!

How are the HF wheels holding up? Glad you got rid of the tires.

Have you tried anything else to change the sound of your muffler? I think they make some sort of fiberglass you could try. Years ago I used some in a "silencer" for my dirt bike. Didn't silence anything from the 2 stroke engine. Your muffler is big enough that it may.

That's a great little bike you made!

How are the HF wheels holding up? Glad you got rid of the tires.

Have you tried anything else to change the sound of your muffler? I think they make some sort of fiberglass you could try. Years ago I used some in a "silencer" for my dirt bike. Didn't silence anything from the 2 stroke engine. Your muffler is big enough that it may.
Thanks..The HF wheels are fine..The rubber on the other hand?..Paper thin and a sharp piece of shale tore it up.The muffler is actually fairly quiet without the stainless packing and just the zig-zag baffle plates.About the same noise level as a hotdog muffler.