home made trike

Thanks. I can tell you it's crazy fun!
No engine on it now though, currently waiting for engine parts.

Ss valves. 27mm on intake, dyno cam cm 265 lift 236 duratio, 3.323" rod, 26lb springs, flat top piston, 14cc head which I did a good port job on. And looking for a 23-24 mm dellorto or Mikuni carb. Home made candy cane header.
Hoping it will arrive next week!! Because I want to ride my trike!! I also have a homemade minibike I can ride though.

Thanks for the good feedback :)

Question.
I have a 2:1 genuine Honda gearbox with wet clutch. Should I use this instead of my jack shaft and centrifugal clutch?
The centrifugal clutch is just a standard one.
The gearbox has new plates?

Cool trike! I'm planning on building a trike as well. Do you have any pics of the chassis and drive train you can post? I need all of the ideas I can get.

Thanks,
Shawn

6tag_300315-234159.jpg WP_20150514_006.jpg WP_20150514_006.jpg WP_20150514_002.jpg WP_20150514_004.jpg WP_20150514_005.jpg I build with what I have and find while dumpster diving, so it wont be pretty...
Jack shaft is 25 in 15 out. Rear sprocket is 52. The rear sprocket and the bearings for the axel was what I had to buy on this build. So far....

Does anyone know how to adjust the take on the clutch in the 2:1 gearbox?
It takes to early on the rpm range...
Can I just remove some of the weights?

Thanks for the pictures Jada. That's a very creative build. Nothing wrong with building on a budget! :thumbsup:
BTW, is that a 10 speed sprocket on the jackshaft?

Shawn

I just welded some sprockets together to use as spacers and inside are bearings , the small sprockets are 15, and the big one was 25. It's now taken off, an i use the 2:1 reduction box with wet clutch.
I removed some of the weights from the clutch and now it's working fine!

Yes, you definitely hear me riding.
So, a little YouTube clip of me on my trike and my friends son on his 125cc atv.
How`s you`re trike build going Shawnster ?
Cool video Jada. Looks like a fun trike and fast too!

My RTS is coming along slowly but surely. I finally have the rest of needed parts to complete it. Unfortunately, with all of the rain we've been getting here along with work, I haven't been able to get much done. I was however, able to get the throttle cable done and my uncle finished fabricating a new fuel tank and pump mount which I will be picking up on Thursday. Once those are installed, I just need to drop the diff assembly to service it, replace the diff bolts, sprocket, install & bleed the brakes and ride!!

Shawn

Last edited:
Top speed about 45mph, with current gearing. can easily make it do 60.
I have welded on a sprocket on the sprocket :001_tongue:, one is 11 and the other is 15, so i get 45mph and 60mph, by simply turning the sprocket inside out and loosen the or tighten the chain tensioner.
I bet going 60 that low to the ground is one heck of a rush! :punk: Also, I like the dual sprocket idea.

Riding, yes, apart from building, thats what it`s all about...
Yes it is. :scooter:

Shawn