homemade mini with honda 185cc motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all ive been building my first mini bike its a mini chopper with a modified frame using an xl185 top half cut down and shortened grafted into a mini chopper frame to fit a 185cc engine and tank on it plans are to have all lights and electrics on it and make a heap of custom bits so far ive got the frame 90% done and it assembled to check everything is going to fit and the only thing i have to change is the tank needs moving back an inch other than that its all lining up nicely, anyway heres some pics of it so fa
View attachment 27044

View attachment 27045
ill ad more pics later having problems with the net atm.

Last edited:
very interesting.

So I'm guessing there just wasnt anyway to get that engine stuffed in that chopper frame.
i could have just welded it in the chopper frame with a couple of mods but it was an extremely tight fit and i could see if i did it that way i wouldnt have ever been able to remove the engine once in there just wasnt enough room in it at least this way i can easily pull the engine out if i ever need to fix it and i kept all the original rear and top engine mounts the exhaust has heaps of clearance and i have all the original electrics mounting points and the chainline is spot on too ,im making a set of bolt in front mounts for it.

yep I understand as I just got my 200cc 4 stroke china engine stuffed in my blaster frame and it took a lot of work to get it done and it is a tight fit.
I had to make a two piece front engine mount so I could remove them then slide the engine forward out of the rear mounts then out of the frame when needed.

well its looking good keep the updates with pictures coming.

more pics will come when i clean up my welds and start painting next week ,theyre really strong i cant break any of them (i tried too) but theyre not real pretty i spent all day making the rest of the pieces missing on the frame and welding them in now i just have to wait a few days to start grinding again (giving the neighbours a rest from the noise:grind:) ill be doing a two piece bolt in front mount too.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.