Homemade or anyone know what it is

sonerenos

Looks like the real deal to me. the engine plate needs some help.

first pic is a molested frijole series 2. the jackshaft was not standard on this model, but was unique considering the same design taco used on the other models like 44 and 99.

second photo is a reproduction from taco minibikes

third photo is a restored frijole series 2.

fun little bikes. best for a shorter rider.

IMG_0304 (002).JPG IMG_4649 (002).JPG IMG_4726 .JPG

Looks like the real deal to me. the engine plate needs some help.

first pic is a molested frijole series 2. the jackshaft was not standard on this model, but was unique considering the same design taco used on the other models like 44 and 99.

second photo is a reproduction from taco minibikes

third photo is a restored frijole series 2.

fun little bikes. best for a shorter rider.

View attachment 267787 View attachment 267790 View attachment 267794
Awesome thanks!

Thanks for the help guys, one last one I promise lol I bought this one a few months ago, the guy said it’s a taco but I think it’s a Azusa. I’ve searched everywhere for a model number or anything and no luck

Attachments

Thanks for the help guys, one last one I promise lol I bought this one a few months ago, the guy said it’s a taco but I think it’s a Azusa. I’ve searched everywhere for a model number or anything and no luck
Taco 22 DB (drum brake), Serie III, or a knockoff/reproduction.

https://www.tacominibikes.com/taco-22-frame-kit
https://www.tacominibikes.com/taco-22-parts-kit

https://gokartsusa.com/357-Minibike-Frame-Kit.aspx
https://gokartsusa.com/Little-BadAss-357-Minibike-Parts-Kit.aspx

Last edited:
Does the Taco 22 have a serial number stamped on the left side lower frame rail a few inches in front of the left footpeg mount (clutch side)? If so, then you can use the serial number to determine the year & series it is & is pretty good proof it is original. It is certainly a Steen's Taco - Taco 22 Mini Bike original, a new version that are currently sold by Joe Rivello the owner of Taco Mini Bikes, or even a knock-off clone. It is not an Azusa Mini Bike for sure but it does have Azusa Tri-Star Wheels on it & that might have been what made you think it was an Azusa Mini Bike instead of a Taco 22 Mini Bike.

Attachments

Does the Taco 22 have a serial number stamped on the left side lower frame rail a few inches in front of the left footpeg mount (clutch side)? If so, then you can use the serial number to determine the year & series it is & is pretty good proof it is original. It is certainly a Steen's Taco - Taco 22 Mini Bike original, a new version that are currently sold by Joe Rivello the owner of Taco Mini Bikes, or even a knock-off clone. It is not an Azusa Mini Bike for sure but it does have Azusa Tri-Star Wheels on it & that might have been what made you think it was an Azusa Mini Bike instead of a Taco 22 Mini Bike.
I said Series III because it isn't the bolt-together frame but I now notice the fork isn't right for a Series III (compared to picture on steenstacominibikes.com). The fork is different from other Taco forks I've seen. I'm no expert. Joe's parts kit comes with Tri-Star wheels, as does GKUSA's kit. I wouldn't trust that decal on the fork too much, it's pristine. Look at the brake, sprocket, paint, decal, etc., everything looks pretty much new. The seat is stitched, not heat pleated. I think it's a fairly new bike, but I guess it could be an original that's been restored and the wheels replaced, I do not thinks it's an original survivor. Whatever, it's cool.

I said Series III because it isn't the bolt-together frame but I now notice the fork isn't right for a Series III (compared to picture on steenstacominibikes.com). The fork is different from other Taco forks I've seen. I'm no expert. Joe's parts kit comes with Tri-Star wheels, as does GKUSA's kit. I wouldn't trust that decal on the fork too much, it's pristine. Look at the brake, sprocket, paint, decal, etc., everything looks pretty much new. The seat is stitched, not heat pleated. I think it's a fairly new bike, but I guess it could be an original that's been restored and the wheels replaced, I do not thinks it's an original survivor. Whatever, it's cool.
Thanks, that’s why I was so certain it wasn’t a original taco cause it’s like brand new looking