Homemade springer spaniels?

I have a dune cat with regular spindles and would like to add springer spindles to cut down on the vibrations while driving. Should I bite the bullet and spend $50+ on new ones or just cut and weld on an extension to the original ones an add longer bolts and springs? E4D19618-6EE9-4A65-B40D-4575AE428876.png 233F9219-D7C6-4230-8EDC-4E4B67B14042.png E4D19618-6EE9-4A65-B40D-4575AE428876.png

Harquebus

I honestly don't know. I'm sort of a "do no harm" kinda guy when it comes to old and rare things.
I also think vibrations, shaking and rattling is something we have to live with, hahaha. Suck it up buttercup and drive on!

Have you tried lowering your tire pressure?

I74

Those tires look hard as Hell !!

Do you have any spacers between the king pins & yokes ??
If you do, besides softer tires,, I would maybe get a few quality hard rubber or urethane washers,, & slip those in.
That would add a wee bit of dampening, just in the washers.
I cut my spacers out of urethane automotive sway bar link bushings, for my Kart.
They work pretty slick. ;)

Harquebus

Aw c'mon, if you're gonna dig up a 3 month old post you at least gotta tee off on the goofed up title...
Get yourself a boy Springer Spaniel and a girl Springer Spaniel, preferably not already related to each other...
You know, I read that and between the title and the replying, I got fogged up in some kind of brain-to-keyboard disconnect..hahaa
I made sense of the senseless and drove on. Must be some kind of innate talent?

I used wheel barrel tires with regular bearings to give the kart more height and can bare 300 lbs each and yes I lowered the air pressure way low. The original front tires were basically baldish golf kart tires and were bouncy and jerky in the trail ruts along with poor steering in the slightest mud or wet grass. The thinner tires work well turning and cut through the taller weeds rather than pushing them over slowing the kart. I’m going to do major modifications to the kart. One thing is to change to all turf tires. Being harder tires than what I have now I wanted to add springer spindles. Just wanted to know best options. One last question about the spindles. Do they need to be welded at a slight angle? Thanks Harquebus for reopening my old post I might get some information on my original questions.

I just seen the poor spelling in the title. I never made it far in the spelling bee in school I spent all my free time riding my Tri-sport. The dune cat is my sons

Harquebus

Wow! Usually posts this old and answered late {or never} equals an original poster that never ever comes back. :oops:

I've got a Manco Dingo in the garage with springer spindles and I think the only angle in them is fore and aft, to provide a bit of caster.
I'll check later.

Also, I'd go ahead and get a complete, pre-fabricated spring spindle and bracket set and not try to cut, weld or modify your current setup. Luckily, they're a Manco part and still made.

I'd check into some bouncy, balloon style ATV tires. Too bad they don't make these tires anymore; more tire than wheel: