Honda ATC 110

Okay so I got a honda ATC today for free, it has compression and spark, Tue fuel system and carb are obviously gumed up, (it was sitting for 20 years in a shed) so I decided to spray some starting fluid in the spark plug hole and see if shell fire... I did so and nothing, it is a good plug which confuses me, if you have compression, spark and a source of fuel for ignition, it should do something, but it did not

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

MikeBear

Check to make sure the flywheel key isn't sheered, and that the flywheel hasn't spun out of time... I had that happen with a Suzuki RV90. Drove me nuts until I figured it out.

Same things happened as you explain, except it wouldn't fire until the flywheel managed to spin to a position close enough to put it into time.

Last edited:
I did not do a compression test, and that makes sense if the flywheel key sheared, I'll look into it more tommorow, thanks!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

S

sosa

Also if you have good compression,take the valves adjuster covers off.They are two caps on the top of the head.Turn the motor over and make sure they are opening and closing to make sure the cam chain is not broken.Also while there make sure the valve lash is in spec as If it is a tight valve it will be super hard to start and will never idle right.