Honda clone rpm's with governer removed.?

hi all
I m doing my first build on a ct200u with a honda clone. So far I removed governer. Swapped in a new 3/4 crank.Put arc billet rod. Pvl flywheel with 4 degree key 18 lb valve springs, mikuni 22 mm carb and a torque conveter, as well as a cs grind cheater cam. I also have a 60 tooth rear and a ten tooth front with 420 chain
My question is before I put in the torque converter i was spinning over 6000 rpms and with the tav im only spinning 4600. Does this sound right? Or did I do something wrong I'm not catching. Currently bike is topping out at 38. I was hoping to get mid 40's.
This is the first time i ever built and engine and im hooked.. i was happy it started and ran after i cracked it open. Any help to get me to the mid 40's would be great

SAS289

Makes perfect sense that you would get less RPM at top speed with the torque converter because of the gearing once the belt shifts to "high".

I have seen a lot of videos with people measuring top speed on these Colemans after they installed a torque converter. A recent one I watched had a guy replace his engine with a bone stock 196cc Greyhound and got 37 mph with the stock Coleman gearing. Why would you get only 38 with better gearing and what should be a more powerful engine is a good question.

You may want to look into modifying your torque converter to keep the belt from shifting as long as possible and try a 9 tooth sprocket to get the rpm up at top speed.

Here's a guy who got mid 40's with a governed 212 with only a stage 1 kit and 9/60 sprockets. He never opened the engine. IMO this is the way to go for people new to these bikes.

Latent

I'm going to try the 9 tooth and I just ordered the juggernaut. After this thats it. I have enough parts now I'm going to get a junkyard bike and build it.
I just did the same ordered the juggernaut, but make sure to change your driven spring in your tav converter to a stiffer yellow spring for quicker downshifting, and higher top speed...

My set up 10t tav to 59 tooth tire = 5.9 gear ratio (with a torque converter you want your ratio around 6.0)with 14.5" tires. Got the juggernaut on order with a yellow driver spring on order too. I also have the 7" driven, and not the 6" which helps get more RPMs out of the TAV.

Long story short - Grab yourself a yellow driver spring & gear it around 6.0 depending on tire size. If you could grab yourself a 7" driven it wouldn't hurt. They also make bando belts which are even stronger than comet belts (www.beltpalace.com). If taller then 14.5" tires try 6.5-7.0 gear ratio