honda dirt bike motor on mini

that bike is pretty nice...... i want a mini with gears and a manual clutch... that is why i dont put the other briggs on it....

what size chain are those little honda motors?

I don't know how to add pics, so go to my photos. I just uploaded a pic of a Manco Streaker with a Honda engine in it. Pretty cool.

125ccCrazy

I wouldn't suggest using the foot peg mounting holes on the bottom of the engine as a mounting point, you'll have to make a rear and top mount as those engines have two mounting points... Drill the mounts out on the engine case to 3/8" as the factory holes are off size and I have yet to find a metric bolt that isn't sloppy in the holes....You'll also have to use a spring loaded chain tensioner or make it so the wheel can be slide back to adjust the chain since these engines are mounted solid with no adjustment....
Most of the 125's are about an inch longer than a 110 so make sure you have enough room between the rear tire and front down tubes...

There is alot of fabricating, measuring, measuring and more measuring to get the engine where it needs to be so the chain runs true and everything has clearance....

I've done a couple 4 stroke conversions on 49cc 2stroke weedwacker engine style pocket bikes, it's not a quick conversion if you want it done right..

I suggested using a mb engine since you told me you didn't know much about engines or how to work on them when I inquired about purchasing that briggs and the extra parts you were trying to sell..

thanks for the good info..... i found the motor i will be buying... it is a 110cc with a semi auto transmission....

do you think it would be possible to build a motor cradle of sorts to hang the motor in but bolt it to the existing holes.

125ccCrazy

thanks for the good info..... i found the motor i will be buying... it is a 110cc with a semi auto transmission....

do you think it would be possible to build a motor cradle of sorts to hang the motor in but bolt it to the existing holes.
Not really because the engine has a mount on top and the rear, the crasle would have to be shaped like a big C, that would look like crap plus be bulky... You'll have to weld a plate across the top of the frame with two brackets welded to that and the same for the rear...kinda hard to explain....there are 4 threaded holes on the bottom of the engine but those are for a foot peg mount on pit bikes or a kick stand on pocket bikes... they were not designed to bolt the engine down, you can try it but I don't suggest it...