Honda flat top piston in predator?

vwfan79

The wisco flattop piston and rod setup that arc sells is $200 but you can go to HF and buy a hemi predator for $100 and use the flattop piston out if that and have another motor.

So which flat top should I buy, weisco? What size piston and rings would be a standard size?
weisco is a builders piston! you need to mill top of piston and bore has to be honed over. well there is a second option. If you go back to HFand buy the new Hemi head Predator. take the flattop out of that and swap it with the dished piston in you old Predator.

weisco is a builders piston! you need to mill top of piston and bore has to be honed over. well there is a second option. If you go back to HFand buy the new Hemi head Predator. take the flattop out of that and swap it with the dished piston in you old Predator.
How do I know if I have a hemi predator? I have an old style predator the model number 69730 I haven't taken off the head yet

the hemi is part # 60363
This might sound stupid but the flat top will fit in the non hemi predator? Just want to make sure thanks

vwfan79

When I talked to Russel he said the setup that was $200 is a +.020 rod and a flattop piston and is a drop in setup, no milling required for old style predator. IIRC. But I went went with option 2 and got a hemi predator and swapped pistons with my old style motor. The hemi piston is very close to zero deck height and the old style is in the hole .020+ using stock lenght rod.

When I talked to Russel he said the setup that was $200 is a +.020 rod and a flattop piston and is a drop in setup, no milling required for old style predator. IIRC. But I went went with option 2 and got a hemi predator and swapped pistons with my old style motor. The hemi piston is very close to zero deck height and the old style is in the hole .020+ using stock lenght rod.
I bought a hemi predator and took the flat top piston out and returned the motor without a piston lol got a flattop piston for free:thumbsup:

yep... you have to be kidding about taking the piston out the motor and returning it, right? the store would prob re stock it and sell it to an unsuspecting customer... and then how could he prove he didnt take the piston out? to do that would not be worth the $100 the motor costs and you could find flat top pistons, new take offs, i just sold one...

good luck with your build...

yep... you have to be kidding about taking the piston out the motor and returning it, right? the store would prob re stock it and sell it to an unsuspecting customer... and then how could he prove he didnt take the piston out? to do that would not be worth the $100 the motor costs and you could find flat top pistons, new take offs, i just sold one...

good luck with your build...
Thank you and I wasn't kidding about the piston they did not charge me a restocking fee because I told them it wouldn't stay running