Honda "kick n go"

jeep4me

Picked up this little scooter at the flea market this weekend.

I've seen these before. I had a friend have me try to sell his at the Ann Arbor show in the spring this year.

Before that I never new that Honda made a kids scooter, at least not one that wasn't motorized.

Mac

They don't sell well here, people ask way too much for them.
The plastic rims are usually all cracked up.
I see them going home with the seller's quite often.

MiniBike Paul

I have a red one I bought for $20 in the eighties.

I remember when they first came out - immediately kids started getting creamed on them. We lived on a very steep street and neighbors were getting hurt all the time. Talk was that Honda quick got out of the business under a flood of litigation as little ones got seriously injured!

Even Honda makes mistakes! Like the 250 Scrambler!!

I made a deal with Jeep and got this puppy out in the garage! I tore it down, cleaned and lubed everything and threw a new #25 chain on it. It is pretty darn nice. I'll post a new pic in the next couple of days. My neighbors have two boy's in elementary school and they love it. These things will haul a$$ with a energetic kid on it:thumbsup:
They where pretty squirrelly at first but they had it figured out pretty quick.
Thanks Jeep!:thumbsup:
I've already got my moneys worth just watching the look on their mother face when she seen them go flying across our driveways.:laugh::laugh:

Dang, what a blast from the past!!!

My Grandmother owned a Honda / BMW cycle shop until 1989, so I grew up on these bad boys!!! Well, these and a bunch of bikes/ATV's. If I remember correctly, there was another version??? (2 wheeler??)

Thanks for posting!!!

Picked up this little scooter at the flea market this weekend.

I've seen these before. I had a friend have me try to sell his at the Ann Arbor show in the spring this year.

Before that I never new that Honda made a kids scooter, at least not one that wasn't motorized.
Hey I know this post is kinda old but I just bought one Honda Kick n' Go from the 70's just like yours, I didnt look for info before cleaning it up and kind of reconstruct it so when I was about to finish a hard work day thinking that I was gonna ride my scooter I found out that Im missing a piece...

Is a little plastic part or "gear" with the spring that pulls the chain back on track for the next kick... is the one im describing in the picture of yours...

do you think you can give me a hand maybe knowing someone who has that kind of pieces? I am going to continue looking for it since I am desperetly in need of finishing this project... jaja!

Ill attach the picture later

I bought one of those Honda Kick N Go's for my son a couple of years ago off of Ebay. He was wanting one similar sold at the local toy store and they wanted about a hundred bucks for it. I told him he could buy this one for about 50 bucks shipped and it would be worth 50 bucks when he's done with it. That new one would be worthless when he was done with it.

I don't know where to find that gear. Good luck

That’s cool. I used to come across these pretty regularly at the MC swap meets. They had a one-way bearing in the rear wheel that was the deal maker/breaker. Not cost effective, to replace. They made a Kick-N-Go II, as I remember, as well.