Honda NSR-50 Re-build

Ok, so I found a Honda Nsr-50 at a local pawn. I about died when I realized what it was.... under all the crappy gold/red paint. They just had it sitting there with the other cheap knock off chinese mini bikes, i couldn't just leave it there, so i bought it and here I am. Put a little gas in it and it fired up without hesitation!! So here is a log of getting the rest of the bike up to what it should be.:thumbsup:

Day#2 Taking it down

Today I'll be taking the whole bike apart and removing all the paint. I'm using "Aircraft Remover", a Rust-oleum product, and a rag. The stuff is super strong!!!

Day #3 Paint

Today I primer-ed and painted the frame and frame pieces. I did 2 layers of primer, 3 layers of black gloss, and 3 layers of clear coat.

Day #4 is re-assembly

Paint has dried and now to reassemble the frame.... Still have alot of filling and sanding on the fiberglass and the gas tank so they have not been painted yet.:eek:ut:

Final Day

Ok, so my dad(another OldMiniBikes guy:thumbsup:) was in town on vacation and gave me a hand in the final painting:bowdown::bowdown::grind:

We sanded a crap load on the tank and the fiberglass seat. Then cut the damaged cone off the seat. Then taped, primed, and painted it a factory GM metal flake Blue. :scooter:

Ratbike

Ok, so my dad(another OldMiniBikes guy:thumbsup:) was in town on vacation and gave me a hand in the final painting:bowdown::bowdown::grind:

We sanded a crap load on the tank and the fiberglass seat. Then cut the damaged cone off the seat. Then taped, primed, and painted it a factory GM metal flake Blue. :scooter:
Paint job turned out nice!!!:thumbsup::laugh: