Hoping to share “THE BEST OF 1970”

New to this site as of Feb ‘18. Can anyone help... Interested in purchasing an HPE/Muskin CAT 400X (candy apple red) in excellent condition. Trying my best to re-live some 70’s memories, and create some for my 9yr old grandson. One of “my best” was seeing dad come home from work one night in the summer of 1970 with his deck lid up and a brand new 400X in the trunk. Growing up in Poland, Ohio in the 70’s was pretty cool...One cop car and lots of mini bikes. Licensing wasn’t an issue as long as you had a capable machine between your thighs. We would more than often “fill up” at the local gas station down the street so as not to use up all of dad’s petrol for our lawnmower. At that time all gasoline was leaded but white gas was also available on their one and only pump. You had to pay close attention to the pump levers or you’d be pumping WG instead of regular. It was kind of of a “quick as you can”...”in & out”, due to avoiding the law. Being caught at the pump fueling was next to getting caught smoking at school...not cool. At any rate, after enjoying the Cat for two summers, she mistakingly got topped off with White Gas instead of regular. Talk about running like a dyno’d fuelie. I’ve rambled long enough. Hoping to make some great childhood memories for my grandson Max. I reside in Cincinnati. My first name is Mike, but you can call me WG

New to this site as of Feb ‘18. Can anyone help... Interested in purchasing an HPE/Muskin CAT 400X (candy apple red) in excellent condition. Trying my best to re-live some 70’s memories, and create some for my 9yr old grandson. One of “my best” was seeing dad come home from work one night in the summer of 1970 with his deck lid up and a brand new 400X in the trunk. Growing up in Poland, Ohio in the 70’s was pretty cool...One cop car and lots of mini bikes. Licensing wasn’t an issue as long as you had a capable machine between your thighs. We would more than often “fill up” at the local gas station down the street so as not to use up all of dad’s petrol for our lawnmower. At that time all gasoline was leaded but white gas was also available on their one and only pump. You had to pay close attention to the pump levers or you’d be pumping WG instead of regular. It was kind of of a “quick as you can”...”in & out”, due to avoiding the law. Being caught at the pump fueling was next to getting caught smoking at school...not cool. At any rate, after enjoying the Cat for two summers, she mistakingly got topped off with White Gas instead of regular. Talk about running like a dyno’d fuelie. I’ve rambled long enough. Hoping to make some great childhood memories for my grandson Max. I reside in Cincinnati. My first name is Mike, but you can call me WG
Welcome, good luck with your search for your childhood bike. Keep looking and keep your eyes open on Craigslist and eBay + this site you'll find one. Mark

I have a Cat 400x roller I would sell. It is at my garage in Jim Thorpe, PA. Not getting up there for a while with over 30" of snow. Needs work of course. If you ever want to take a road trip, let me know.

I have a Cat 400x roller I would sell. It is at my garage in Jim Thorpe, PA. Not getting up there for a while with over 30" of snow. Needs work of course. If you ever want to take a road trip, let me know.
Planned a road trip as soon as there's a break in the weather. Covid has pretty much shut me off from seeing my folks. Appreciate the offer to relinquish your 400x. Will reach out to you in 60days or so. What kind of shape is she in? How did you acquire? Any pics by chance?

There's all the makings for a roller on eBay right now, their shipping is through the roof, must not be using eBay's shipping rates. I've taken things to the post office and FedEx before using eBays shipping and it was almost triple. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=164692626986
Appreciate your ebay Cat 400x find. Have been looking long enough to understand $ values. I believe $699 is incredibly overpriced for what's being offered. You know as well as i do that minis are only worth what someone is willing to pay. At $699, for what's there, i'd be into her for 4k by the time she was pristine. Money is no object only to a certain point.

I don't think I have any photos on my phone but I will look. The frame is In great shape. The forks needed some work but I think I have a extra set. I bought the bike from a friend years ago when he was getting out of the hobby.