Hoppy's "The WTF"-Open Class

Mini Bike & Go-Kart Parts

Got out there early to make the swap on the tensioner. It all still fits nicely under the cover.:thumbsup:



Made this bracket to hold the throttle and brake cable neatly. Added rubber grommets in the holes to clean it up.



I wish I had some mounted tires right now......id be doing some test runs.
 
Thanks clayton. I really wished I had some mounted tires and rims today. I have them apart ready for paint or powder. At this point I really need to ride it to see how it works....and then see if changes are in order before paint and final assy. Should have waited to take the tires apart.......:doah: until after all mods were done. Ohwell not like Ive done this before. The clutch cover worked out nice.....if you go back to the beginnings of the thread you can see its origins. LOL I still have to put the mount for it on the front so it doesnt flop around. I like that it stay in the up position if i need to make some tweeks or something. Everything seems to be falling into place. Good news is If i need to go to a Tav2 setup then all this can be undone easyily enough.
 
Lookin real good. I do have one suggestion . incase you didnt think of it. I would lower the seat down to get a better center of gravity. Atleast look for a mount about half the height of what youve got. That would really help I think. On the snapper kart we had as kids we did that and lowered the steering wheel . Transformed it from a fast lawn mower into a gokart :thumbsup: Also you probrobly want to beef up the welds and stuff on the tube chassis mount wherever it looks questionable because that will surely take a beating
 
Lookin real good. I do have one suggestion . incase you didnt think of it. I would lower the seat down to get a better center of gravity. Atleast look for a mount about half the height of what youve got. That would really help I think. On the snapper kart we had as kids we did that and lowered the steering wheel . Transformed it from a fast lawn mower into a gokart :thumbsup: Also you probrobly want to beef up the welds and stuff on the tube chassis mount wherever it looks questionable because that will surely take a beating
Id sit to low with a lower seat mount. The bars would be like ape hangers and im 6'. As far as center of gravity, etc........Im 35 and have a child on the way. I dont have a death wish anymore. I dont plan on really tearing ass around the farm on this thing. If it will get me to my shop or the horse barn faster then I can walk.....Ill be happy. Just another reason for me to not walk.:scooter: No dought in my mind that as it is right now its more then sturdy for my intentions. The only thing im questioning is how long the maxtourque clutch will hold up to the bigger tires. I dont plan on rip assing through the woods on it with alot of sudden stops and accelerations...like I would probably have done when I was younger.
Like I said.....Im 35. I like my wife, stuff, limbs, house and cats . Life is good......This isnt a machine I want to go fast on. Id be happy with 15-20mph and hopefully it has enough tourque to pull a small lawn garden trailer. If not maybe a Tav2 will be in order.
 
Few mods over the last week............

changed the seat mount back the original one. This moved me back forward where I think i will be better off. especially for more downward pressure on the skis......need some weight over the skis. Also ran the cable through the front of the mount. Im happy with it although originally I would have liked to run them down the main tube.....but none of what I had was long enough. Used what I had......its the WTF.....I cant go wrong can I?

Since the machine is running and I cant ride it without tires.......nows a goos time to start adding final touches.
Foot rest bling...........Made the plate and added a swicth for the front light.
Nothing is permantly mounted/wired since it all has to come apart for paint.

Taillight......why not?

might throw the plate in behind the light after paint for some extra bling....

I love this shot..........

threw a ski on.......just to take a picture.



got my rims all cleaned up and ready for paint. Being off a lawn tractor from the 60' the insides of the rims were caked with what like a concrete about 1/4" thick.
It was actually grass.....and mud that had hardened and formed a thick coating.
Thanks to a few baths in marine clean and purple power........it all came off.

So its pretty much time to get a paint gun and give it a go on the rims. Mount the tires up after that and see how she rides. If all is good....tear down for final paint. Was hoping to be there by now but its all good.
 
Kitty kat.......perfect size for my needs. I got another set for a small trailer idea also. Just for reference im like a size 10. about two of my shoes + or -
 
Other skis were just to long. These were perfect in length and width.

Ive been chatting with a guy near me about a blower he has with tracks. round shaft cogs so thats good. So if that works out ill hopefully have a set in the near future. dont want to cut the axle just yet though until I do. I was also looking at maybe cutting my sled track into 6" to 8" wide but leaving it full length and converting it from a dual drive cog setup to a single cog front and rear. But i wonder if that 6" to 8" single track would give me enough stability in the back.......:shrug: The old chrysler snow runners used a relativley small track. I dont know just tossing ideas around in my head. Wish I just had all this crap laying around so I could play around with it. Id hate to cut a perfectly fine sled track down if it isnt going to work the way I would like......but then again If I dont try how the hell will I know.
 

Top