Hornet?

980D7A8E-490F-4B39-8613-3A2B35E94437.jpeg

I was told that this is a Hornet. Can anyone confirm that? Engine is irretrievably trashed, but the rest of the bike is there so I basically paid $70 for a roller. Thanks all!

It's a Hornet Hardtail Deluxe, the Deluxe would have a suspended seat. Nice riding bikes, I've had and sold quite a few being in the region they were made. http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/data/500/IMG_4718.JPG[/img][/url]

Thanks gents. Anyone know what the stock motor would have been? I think I’d like to stay true to stock during the resto.

1971_MB1A

I have a K & S Hornet Deluxe just like the one Outlaw Ace posted a picture of on here and it still has the original Tecumseh HS 40 on it.

Very cool. Thanks again for everyone’s input. Maybe one day I will spot a brochure with high enough resolution to learn more about the models they offered.

1971_MB1A

There's an old thread on here that OldMiniBikes member "thebronc4019" posted on 02-05-2008 that gives a good bit of information on the K & S models etc. that you could check out. Also minidoodle.com use to have some of the mini bike brochures that you could view but I'm not sure if that site is still up and running. Try contacting either "markus" or "simpletom" on here they probably would have the detailed brochure information that you are looking for.

markus

take a look on the backside of the front forkplate real good, sometimes the model number decal survived on those because it was up and out of the way