Horstman Super Cycle

mustangfrank

I'm in the research and parts collecting phase for a build I want to do. Already have a 67 Continental roller and a Hodaka Ace 90 on the way. Think I have the gas tank sourced but there is almost NOTHING for information out there on these "kits".

Anyone have any information, pictures...anything on these?

I'd like to get as close to original as possible on the exhaust, I prefer the look of the Horstman-Dart low slung type plus I figured it would be way easier to duplicate. I even emailed Horstman but haven't gotten a response.

8sjpi.jpg KGrHqFHJBEE_P398RfqBP0U-KFlGQ_60_57.jpg 16118899405878603140725058516202.jpg

mustangfrank

Doesn’t blackwidowmotorsports sell replica jackshaft tabs you can weld on.
They do...I've been on that site daily since I picked up this Rupp making my shopping list.

Figured if necessary I might go that route or the chain roller guide Rupp had on a couple years models.

mustangfrank

Why don't you ask Mark in Pittsburgh that owns the Horstsman Super Cycle ! I would know. Lol. 412-277-5803 Lol
I will take you up on that, tomorrow after I finish digging out from the blizzard we're getting.

Got pictures???

There is a serious lack of information on these, guessing pretty damn rare. Probably no exaggeration to say "the", as far as I can tell you're the only one!

I will take you up on that, tomorrow after I finish digging out from the blizzard we're getting.

Got pictures???

There is a serious lack of information on these, guessing pretty damn rare. Probably no exaggeration to say "the", as far as I can tell you're the only one!
Not to many survivors that i have seen like this one ! But anything is possible.

mustangfrank

Project took a turn, the lack of a jackshaft on the 67 was a stumble and I really dread modifying originals, put it on the back burner for a few months but then...

I was dragging my heels to go pickup a BC1100 I bought because of the drive but when I showed up the seller had a pile of parts and a roller they thought I might be interested in. Apparently the BC was the last minibike of several they had sold and they cleaned out the attic...first time procrastinating and being last payed off for me!

Original 66 Rupp Horstman bike/kit including the pipe, rear wheel/sprocket/brake drum setup and tank. Frame has a couple crappy tube repairs, someone cut the top tubes at an angle in front of the headtube and the swingarm was modified to clear a larger jackshaft sprocket (top speed demon?) but I'm not complaining.

20210609_195217.jpg 20210609_195314.jpg 20210609_195326.jpg