Hot Rockers

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I have some new stock appearing 1.2 ratio rockers. They fit 4.0hp-6.5hp GX Honda, and clone motors.

These rockers will make your motor sound like it has a radical cam inside of it. Plus you will need stronger valve springs, because the motor will rev higher then a stock motor. I will also recommend getting a billet rod, but there is a few guys that run them with the sock rod.

$60 shipped anywhere in the U.S.

How is the ratio made? by moving pivot closer to pushrod or valve?

What are they made of?

A stock rocker is a 1.0 to 1 ratio?

Stock carb and exhaust work with these?

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Any carb will work. These are made from stamp steel like the regular units.
The stock ratio is 1.0 ratio, and actually some are as bad as .975.

The push rod area is moved closer towards the rocker stud. I will take a picture of them next to a stock pair.

I already sold 3 pair out of 6. Here they are next to a pair of stock units.
I have been running these in my little GX200 for about a year now. If you ever have heard my Honda in person it sounds like it has a radical cam in it.

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The problem is that they are very small. And the more I zoom in the more blurry the picture gets. If they were larger I could take a step back and get clear pictures like I do of minibikes. As you can see in the pictures, the ones with both sets together are just a bit easier to see. And that's only moving back about 2" more then the single rocker pictures.

It took me about 10 pictures to even get them that good.:mad2:

I have some 24 lb springs that work great with them and stock length valves.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
They work like this!

The stock 6.5hp Honda, or clone engine has a maximum cam lift of .227". With the stock rockers you normally have just a bit less then a 1.0 ratio. Usually around a 0.98 ratio. So your only getting .222" lift at the most before you adjust your valve lash.

With the 1.2 ratio rockers you will have .272" at the valves before you adjust them for lash. Now your letting in more air into your engine. With more air entering into your engine the fuel ratio will also need to be adjusted. Adjusting it to allow more fuel in will allow you to make all the available power you want from your setup.

The stiffer springs are needed because the motor will now be turning a higher RPM level then before. If you left stock springs in the engine it will float way to fast. The stock springs float even with the stock rockers with the govenor removed.

The problem is that they are very small. And the more I zoom in the more blurry the picture gets. If they were larger I could take a step back and get clear pictures like I do of minibikes. As you can see in the pictures, the ones with both sets together are just a bit easier to see. And that's only moving back about 2" more then the single rocker pictures.

It took me about 10 pictures to even get them that good.:mad2:

I have some 24 lb springs that work great with them and stock length valves.
So how much for the rockers, springs and push rods?? I have a GX160 I would like to upgrade.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I don't sale HD push rods. I'm trying to find a guy locally to make them for me.

The rockers are basically $55 plus shipping. The springs are $20 plus shipping. So the deal for both would be $80 shipped.