Hot Rod HS40-Powered Full Suspension Cat 250

I saw this thread late. I'm glad you redesigned the rear swing arm pivot. They way you had it originally, the chain would get very, very tight at full compression of the rear shocks. The current set up looks better. How is your chain tension at rest with no rider vs half travel and full compression?
You may not need the tensioner :)
Danford1

Went with House of Kolor urethane enamels in a three stage kandy tangerine. It pops a lot more outside, that these garage photos show.

HOK primer sealer, HOK base silver metallic, HOK Tangerine, HOK top clear. The idea was, with some advice from our friend "Cat Man" Derek was to get it to Cat's "Flam Apricot" color, which was used on only one or two of their high end bikes. I still need to send stuff in for chrome, so I can finish.

Yes, I am Derek. You gave some good advice on the choice. I will go with generic Cat decals on handlebars and clutch guard, once I get them chromed. I'm going to get an all black kick back Manchester seat as well. (Thanks Karen)

Looks awesome, I used a similar tangerine orange on my speedway build. Do you have a good chrome plater recommendation. When I start on the powell I will need lots of front end love from a plater.

Looks awesome, I used a similar tangerine orange on my speedway build. Do you have a good chrome plater recommendation. When I start on the powell I will need lots of front end love from a plater.
That was $250 worth of paint. I've been using the Altaxa stuff they sell at NAPA, and the HOK is just so much better with coverage, and ease of use. The clear is really good, flows on nice. But you pay for it. On this one, I was able to shoot a final clear flow coat going heavy on the reducer. Unfortunately, I did have issues with the kandy over the nooks and crannies. They make an enhancer to use for these areas, but I am not doing a 9000 dollar car paint job.

I use a couple down near Oceanside, CA for plating. I've been using them for six or seven years. They are not cheap, but no plating is anymore. When you get ready to go, shoot me a PM and I'll give you her email address, although I have to think you have some good platers out in TX.

Went with House of Kolor urethane enamels in a three stage kandy tangerine. It pops a lot more outside, that these garage photos show.

HOK primer sealer, HOK base silver metallic, HOK Tangerine, HOK top clear. The idea was, with some advice from our friend "Cat Man" Derek was to get it to Cat's "Flam Apricot" color, which was used on only one or two of their high end bikes. I still need to send stuff in for chrome, so I can finish.

Dave ….that color is awesome ! I love the whole build .

I used a Starting Line HVLP gun on this one. It's essentially a "door jambing" gun, a bit smaller than what you'd use for full size car panels. Works good for this smaller stuff.