Hotrod pull wagon build

Dan-E-boy

Thanks LS..:thumbsup:

that nice I like it. An old wheelbarrow tub could be used too if you don't have a wagon body.

wheelbarrow hot rod - Bing Images
Thanks oldfatguy. I have seen a couple of wheel barrow pull carts and they look cool too. I like the go karts that people make out of them.

did you clear coat the chrome spray painted parts? in the past i've tried various brands/can and have found it rubs off easy.
Didn't clear them, thanks for the advice on that.:thumbsup:

Its finally a rolling chassis. Still have to paint the tray and front grille.. but I won't get to it until next week sometime.. also still need to finish the handle.. here are some pics of it for now.:thumbsup:

Dan-E-boy

too cool Dan-E :thumbsup:
Way cool Dan.

When I cleared chrome paint, it dulled the finish a little.
Thanks guys..:thumbsup: buckeye, thanks for the heads up. I'm going to leave it as is for now since it will only get used once or twice a month so it won't see much sun..

Jumped back on it this week. stripped the paint off of the tray, then shot primer on it yesterday.. then today I sanded that down and shot the metallic brown then waited a bit and shot some clear on it.. unfortunately the site is not letting me load pics right now so once the bug is fixed I will post them..:thumbsup: also wanted to thank Evil Ed for the paint. It looks great! Thanks man!:thumbsup:

Dan-E-boy

:thumbsup:hey danny do you think it will be done for macfest.....
It won't be completely finished but it will be rolling.. I want to finish putting it together this saturday to take it out to Pomona swap on Sunday for a test run.. after that it will be cosmetic stuff like pinstriping, lettering, maybe find some small tail lights.. also want to add some kind of upholstery for the tray...at least some black carpet..:thumbsup:

Dan-E-boy

Got to upload some pics so here is one of the body being stripped and then a couple of the brown metallic paint that was shot on it..

I want to find something cool to use as a handle but not sure what, so until I come across something cool I made one out of stainless flat bar and tubing. I wanted the handle to swivel so it would be more comfortable to pull because the handle will rotate with the movement of my wrist.. couldn't find much online to use so I just welded a nut to the end of the handle rod then drilled a hole on the handle for a bolt to fit through. I will just use some lock tight to bolt the handle on but won't tighten it all the way so that the handle could spin..

Some pics coming soon of it put together:thumbsup:

Dan-E-boy

My gosh, you do the coolest things.:thumbsup:
thanks buckeye, I'm glad you are liking it..:thumbsup:

Have a name for it

"hot chocolate" sounds good, I was also considering "chocolate thunder". but my favorite so far is "brown sugar". someone suggested that name for a Cat minibike that I painted in a similar brown, it stuck in my head waiting for the next brown project lol.

Dan-E-boy

Paint looks really good,you make want to build something like it.:thumbsup:
thanks roccosbike, you should build one and post a thread. will be cool to see where you go with one:thumbsup:

:laugh: Thats a good color for it.. It looks old..
it was a hard choice between that color and a metallic gold that I have. if I would have gone with gold, it would have got white walls and a gold or silver engine block..also would have painted the frame gold.. but I like the dark and old look that it has now.:thumbsup:

looks great ! Iv seen some cool handles on old shovels and garden tools that would be great on there. but what you made looks good too :thumbsup:
thanks jeep, didnt cross my mind to check out old tools for a handle, thanks for the idea:thumbsup:

well, its put together now and ready for the test run at pomona car swapmeet. there is still a few more details to add but I'm not going to rush them so this is how its going to stay for a bit.. also want to thank everyone for all the great feedback on this thing, seems like a few people got the bug to build one so hopefully we see some cool build threads.:thumbsup: