Hotrod pull wagon build

Dan-E-boy

I really like it. Interesting color choice again. :) Did you do a liner for it?
Thank you Dave.. I haven't done a liner yet. I want to put black carpet in it for now but I really want to drop a panel in it with a tuck and roll or diamond pattern..:thumbsup:

Super cool Danny.....:thumbsup:

Beautiful Danny! Can't wait to see it striped. Really admire your work!

I love this thing :bowdown:
Thanks guys.. I will be designing a drawing for the grill soon and also a sketch for the name, the name "brown sugar" will be placed on the back of the tray and also planning on using variegated gold leaf in the design since I haven't done it in a while.( need to practice or I will forget how to). Then will do some pinstriping on the top of the grill and the sides of the tray..
:thumbsup:

hey danny how did the fist trip do at pomona. i bet it was an eye catcher................
Test run at Pomona went great!.. it rolled super smooth and the best part for me was the twisting handle. It made pulling this thing way more comfortable then the regular set handle.. if you build one I highly recommend to make your handle swivel..:thumbsup:
It was definitely an attraction.. people were pointing and smiling, giving thumbs up and taking pictures.. everyone that stopped me to talk about it went nuts when I pulled the lid off the cooler and had a couple of ice cold beers in it.. there was a few people that shook their heads and mumbled stuff like "that's just overkill":laugh: also heard a guy say that I probably spent hundreds getting it made and painted and that I could have spent that money on parts for my car. Lol. Doesn't bother me at all.. it actually felt good knowing that to him it looked like hundreds of dollars worth of work, and even better that I haven't even put a hundred in to it.:thumbsup: .. I did manage to snap a pic there though. Here it is next to a cool pickup.. should have taken more, like next to MACs booth or other cars but forgot to lol..

there was a few people that shook their heads and mumbled stuff like "that's just overkill":laugh: also heard a guy say that I probably spent hundreds getting it made and painted and that I could have spent that money on parts for my car.
Ha! I love comments like those! You can always follow them up with "nah, I've built a few of these, would you like a custom built one to match your hot rod?"

That's a huge swap meet, and I bet there are far better example of "excesses" sitting on the asphalt.

Good job!

Dan-E-boy

Over built my arse. Just perfect!!
Did ya offer Mr. Opitmistic a cold beverage?:laugh:
thanks buckeye, for a guy that was not liking it, he sure was getting a good look at the front linkage. probably in the garage building one now:laugh:

For Sure them other wagons are plain and nobody probably even took a second look at them. He was just jealous.:laugh:. Great Job Dan.:thumbsup:
that is too cool Danny:thumbsup:
Ha! I love comments like those! You can always follow them up with "nah, I've built a few of these, would you like a custom built one to match your hot rod?"

That's a huge swap meet, and I bet there are far better example of "excesses" sitting on the asphalt.

Good job!
You can definitely be proud of that . Just awesome fab work:thumbsup:
thanks guys:thumbsup:

GREAT NEWS! the coolers are available!.. when I picked mine up at the swap(about a year and a half ago), I did some research and found that they stopped making them.. I kept an eye out on ebay and the swapmeets and only a few have popped up. they sold for about 30-45 bucks.. well I checked again today and found a guy selling new in the box ones.. selling them for 23.96 free shipping and even has a make offer option.. I already bought a couple a 20 dollars a pop..:laugh: thats a steal in my opinion.. im not sure if they are remaking them now or this guy could have came across a crate of them:shrug: either way at 20 bucks I wasnt gonna take a chance of him running out so I had to get some..:thumbsup: here is the link..
Pennzoil Racing Engine Block Travel Ice Chest Cooler or Lunchbox Free Shipping | eBay

rmm727

Thanks for the link Dan E. Your wagon looks so cool. I get the same looks and comments when I'm on my bar stool racer when I go to swap meets. To each his own.

Wow, that thing is killer:thumbsup:, I love the metallic brown and the dropped axle. I have a similar style wagon I'm building also, but I still need to find some front wheels for it.
Excellent work!

Man that front linkage is killer- I am working on a simple garden cart and could not figure out how to make a sturdy linkage to steer it- NOW thanks to you I have a working model

Dan-E-boy

nice danny looks good man
Thanks Steve:thumbsup:

Thanks for the link Dan E. Your wagon looks so cool. I get the same looks and comments when I'm on my bar stool racer when I go to swap meets. To each his own.
Thanks rmm727, to each his own is the best way to put it:thumbsup:. a barstool racer is on the future project list. I've always liked those..

Wow, that thing is killer:thumbsup:, I love the metallic brown and the dropped axle. I have a similar style wagon I'm building also, but I still need to find some front wheels for it.
Excellent work!
Thanks MarkG. Let's see some pics of your wagon.:thumbsup:

Man that front linkage is killer- I am working on a simple garden cart and could not figure out how to make a sturdy linkage to steer it- NOW thanks to you I have a working model
Thanks retiredguy. I'm glad these pics can help you out..

Thanks MarkG. Let's see some pics of your wagon.:thumbsup:

Sure:thumbsup:
I picked this up at a swap meet a few years ago. I really liked the rake, and how the pan tapers from front to back.

Check out the wheels,they are even molded to look like mags, slicks out back with sawtooth up front-big's and little's!

As cool as the wheels are being that they are plastic they won't last one swap meet here so I'm planning on taking the same approach you did on yours, I want to make a box frame and use pneumatic tires with bearings. For the rear I have a sweet set of polished Lil Indian four spoke six inchers with NOS Red Line racing slicks that I got from KustomKartKid (that he got from Yellowhand), and for the front, well, I'm a little undecided. I would like to use a set of the four inch Lil Indian mags, but I don't have a spare set and I can't justify the cost when they do come up for sale. This is just a quick mock up I did when I got it, that's a four inch Fox lemans wheel on the front...

I also picked up this smaller sawtooth tire, I think it might look good on a narrow wheel.

One other choice I have for the front is a set of old (40's-50's) small wheelbarrow tires, they are pneumatic and have a sweet little set of hubcaps. I don't have any pics of those but it's a good excuse to get me in the garage this weekend.

Thanks fore the heads up on the cooler on ebay, when I checked yesterday at this time there were ten left. I placed an offer and went to work. It was accepted about an hour later, and I paid it. I checked back at lunchtime, and they were all sold out:eek:. Glad I got one when I did, Thanks again!!