How do I flange tubing?

i was gonna ask the same question. Wonder how the manufacturers did it. anybody know what the press dies look like? Maby just a u shaped block . leave the legs long so it doesnt slip out then cut it off after :shrug:

oldfatguy

do you mean the end that is flattened for the axle ? that could be done in a hydraulic press with a simple die. it could also be done blacksmith style.
Another way is to make a flat metal part that can be pushed into the tubing and welded to the end

Right here it is. Found a piece of scrap metal in my pile with a hole in the middle of it. Perfect 7/8 round. I cut in in half and Voila! A set of dies. Cruched a bit of pipe in the press and bam. As you can see in the pics its not perfect but i wasnt trying very hard :laugh: Plus its 1" tube so its a bit off in that reguard aswell. I put some vice grips around the pipe just above the flange to keep it round. I have no idea of the thickness of that piece of pipe but it seems to be effective. Pretty cool if i do say so myself :biggrin: