How do I remove 1968 Rupp Jackshaft bearings?

Title says it all. I have both an XL500 frame and a TT500 frame. Trying to restore both.

Thanks in advance!

joel/Bink

Rupp 72

The snap rings are on the outside of the bearing itself, and just to the inside of the frame. The bearings are not press fit in the frame and not press fit to the jackshaft either but often are tight and won't just slip right off. Take both snap rings off, then slide the jackshaft assembly over out the right side, use a small 3 jaw or bearing puller to get the bearing off. you should be able to then tilt the jackshaft up and out. There's really no easy way to do it but that is what I've found to work the best.

The snap rings are on the outside of the bearing itself, and just to the inside of the frame. The bearings are not press fit in the frame and not press fit to the jackshaft either but often are tight and won't just slip right off. Take both snap rings off, then slide the jackshaft assembly over out the right side, use a small 3 jaw or bearing puller to get the bearing off. you should be able to then tilt the jackshaft up and out. There's really no easy way to do it but that is what I've found to work the best.
Excellent!! Thanks!! I'll post back.

joel