How do you ID a lighted B&S

delray

the only documented 5hp briggs points engine I have ever seen was from another member that had this and the one Moderator just posted. I would say they are kind of rare to find.

now if you don't mind the newer briggs 5hp that has electronic ignition? you can find them all over. just got to look ...:thumbsup:
here are two different tillers that have a lighted coils on them. setup to charge a battery. why they need electric start...:shrug:

neat thing they are dc current and put out 2amps. some of the info I read on them say only 1.5 amp's but both of my lighted coil's put out 2amp's

also can find them on Gilson snowblowers. the only problem with them the recoil is pointing straight out. 3:00 position and they use the small block style recoil...why? maybe to keep the snow out.

also seen the the newer I/C briggs / industrial plus with a small round red light mounted next to the front cover run's off the lighted coil. I believe theses engines might be full roller bearing engines. kind of the sister engine of the raptors. you will need a briggs expert to verify this......:thumbsup: might be a good hot rod engine to build.

here is a lighted coil for the electronic ignition.

one other thing too. all newer electronic ignition engines with lighted coils in them have longer/deeper recoil cover then the points covers did. so they wont interchange.

newer lighted coil engine works good for my project build. use led lighting and still have enough trickle to charge the battery for my 12v electric start....:thumbsup:

Last edited: