How far up/down the drivers does your torque converter belt go?

As the title says how far up/down does your belt go?
I took mine for a run on Sunday and the belt only seems to go roughly 3/4 of its travel.
But man I love its take off now. It'll do a wheel stand if it gets enough grip :laugh:
But it only revs out to 3000 and doesn't use the full travel of the drive pulleys and I've lost a heap of top end.

I think my gearing is out but im just wondering how everyone else TC belt goes

thanks

Neil

which tc are you using 20 30 or 40. I use a 30 and 40 both go to the top of the sheave. if your using a 30 series and have the 6 inch pulley that's the reason you lost your top end..the six inch pulley goes into a 9% overdrive when you speed up so your gear is way too tall to pull it.
I use a 7 inch pulley which goes one to one, revs right up to 7700. check out our facebook site florida minibike drag racing league there should be a new video posted yesterday showing julio riding my black minibike raceing joe. black betty has a mildly built 212 with a 30 series tc 7 inch pully with 4100 garnter springs,13/70 gear

It's a 30 with a 6" driven.
If the belt isn't making it all the way to the top of the driving and to the bottom of the driven is it still making the over drive?
I'm confused about how it isn't making it to the end of the drives but still feels like it's in overdrive

The best way to REALLY see what the belt is doing is to remove the chain to the rear wheel and the T.C. cover. Then you can rev the engine and watch how driver and driven are opening and closing.
Michael

Already done that Michael.
When it's free revving it opens right up to the ends of the drives. I left the cover off and went for a spin and looked at the drives and the belt is only going roughly 3/4 of the way up.

Super nate,
Any idea why the 7" doesn't have the over drive? I could be wrong I'm only new to go karts and TC etc. But I can see how the lower rpm having a shorter gearing but as the 7" opens up wouldn't it go to the same as the 6" one?

the six inch pulley lets the belt diameter get smaller than the driver hence the overdrive whereas the seven inch in high gear is about the same size as the driver hence one to one. I have found that everyone that is having problems with tc's have the six inch pulley and the wrong gear on it. the motor is not powerful enough to pull the gear plus the overdrive.