How fast is too fast ?

GustoGuy

this is when you're going to fast on a minibike.... lol
Looks like he was moving pretty good. How fast does that bike go? I need to get a Go-pro to mount to my helmet too. I have 5.5 acres of land and long shared private drive at my new place and a fun trail through the woods is what I eventually like to build.

I've been 70+ on minibikes before. On my drag setup (it's for sale as a roller...) it wasn't scary at all at those speeds. The bike is dead steady even if you let off the handlebar. I was collecting parts for a 236 stroker build for it, not sure if I'm going to go through with it since I'm trying to sell the bike without the engine.

My DB30 is scarier at 45mph than my drag setup at 70+mph.

Just wondering what is the fastest that any of you have ever been on a mini bike ? I have been 80 plus which was absolutely terrifying on that little bike .... It's just too bad that the camera died out so I don't have any video evidence of that specific run. However I do have plenty more recorded runs that were 70 mph or better
Me on bonanza serial number 7 of the first 50 made. It was 1965 the engine was a west bend 5 port 580 that came stock on the minibike. 13 years old shorts sandles t shirt no helmet 59 mph clocked by a motorcycle tailing me.

LIVIT

To me it's age and type of riding. I grew up racing bikes from in the 1960's to 80's. Raced in motocross, dirt flat track (Scrambles) and later on Enduros. Only concern about speed, was I fast enough to beat or keep up with the leaders. Now at 65 yrs old, I got my CT200U-EX up too 50mph and did not feel comfortable, that was on a bit rough dirt road. My Dad had a rule, that if your sitting on a bike and it's running, then you best have a helmet on !!! I did what I thought was being cool when I was younger, riding my Harleys etc.. not wearing helmet. Don't do that now. Don't need any more brain damage :)

delray

Looks like he was moving pretty good. How fast does that bike go? I need to get a Go-pro to mount to my helmet too. I have 5.5 acres of land and long shared private drive at my new place and a fun trail through the woods is what I eventually like to build.
bike gets gear to the track. but in the past, it has been clocked over 70+mph

River Rat Ron

Exactly where can you do 70 mph in town like that
I’m in the boonies but the nearest town around here they would be on you like a duck on a June bug

joshua. c.

I ride off road only. so it's only to fast when your shocks can't keep you stable anymore and your bouncing off the bike lol.

My new bike might be capable of 70 but I'll need to finish it and get it running first. It's a Briggs Animal racing motor moded to the gills strapped into a full suspention bonanza, should be a fun bike.

Just wondering what is the fastest that any of you have ever been on a mini bike ? I have been 80 plus which was absolutely terrifying on that little bike .... It's just too bad that the camera died out so I don't have any video evidence of that specific run. However I do have plenty more recorded runs that were 70 mph or better
I would love to know more about your 80mph run. Specifically engine, mods, gearing ECT. My goal is to get one of my minis over 100mph. I currently have two one is complete and running the other one is still in the build stages the one I'm still building I'm going to stretch out for drag racing and the one that I do have running is predator 212 no mods nothing just won't stop and it tops out at 33 but any information you'd be willing to give me I sure would appreciate it it I've never been too fast I don't think you can go too fast and breaks I don't believe in no stinking brakes all brakes do is slow you down but on a suicycle and the drag sickle I need brakes. Thanks in advance

joshua. c.

When ridding off road you need a helmet not get wipped in the face by very small low hanging branches and vines I used to ride on an abandond rail line and you should see the scraches on my helmets from them, long sleeves and pants help also. The ability to stop quickly due to obsticles like fallen trees or other vehicles is important so brakes are important. I'm adding an extra front brake to the bonanza.