How long has a belt been lasting for Chinese torque converter?

So I did the torque converter install on my Massimo MB200. Overall I can say it's pretty awesome. My overall satisfication of the mini bike and riding around is much higher. I did a pretty good job of lining up the belt. My foreman and maintenance guy at work both agreed it looked lined up correctly. I do know that if they ARE NOT lined up correctly the belts don't last long. Today my belt broke for the first time after a 45 mile ride. I'd say I got somewhere between 200-300 miles on this belt. I'm not sure how to feel about that. On one hand i feel pretty good about it. Up until today the belt appeared to be in decent shape. It is possible that a rock or other debris could've been a cause of the belt breaking I guess. It's weird though because it looks like the outside of the belt is what got worn, or had something like the cover rubbing on it. The inside of the belt appears to be in okay shape. How long have you guys been getting out of your belts? Any particular brands of belts you like better than others? Thanks for you help guys.
minibikebeltbroken1.jpg minibikebeltbroken2.jpg minibikebeltbroken3.jpg

mustangfrank

Second that. I noticed with snowmobile belts I could run all season with a premium belt but if I hit longer trail sections without taking as many stops, especially if I was pushing it I could shred one in a weekend...heat was the only thing I could pin it on.

The sides of that belt look damaged from heat but I would be concerned about the missing bits of rubber from the sides of the belt, I never saw a belt shed bits of rubber like that.

The outside of my belt is worn...i ordered a new belt but have not put it on yet. New belt is not commet but the guy at the lawnmower shop says he uses them all the time....we will see

I'm sure it's heat related. My buddy has the same bike I have and we were hauling butt for 22 miles each way at 30-38 mph. I'm also wondering if, while riding at 38 mph, the drive pulley had the belt at it's max diameter and for some reason it started rubbing on the cover. The belt does have a groove which could show it was rubbing on something.